Superstitious?

Diana

How superstitious are you? My sister has a friend that is almost neurotic about it? She is scared of the strangest things. Is there anything you are afraid of?

Bathroom mirrors, well I used to be. A few years ago, I thought I saw a mans face in my mirror why I was having a shower. I ran out screaming. A few months from then, I used to always put a jacket or a towel over the mirror or something, to stop me getting frightened. It wore off after a while though =)

Myrddin

I am dreadfully afraid of bees. Serious apiphobia. I had a bad experience with them when I was a kid, and now I can't stand them; bees, wasps, yellowjackets -- anything with a stinger. If I see one, I freeze and won't move until it's gone. Then I head for the house.

Travis

I don't think I am so superstitious (I don't even believe in ghosts), but I am not a big fan of the bathroom mirror, especially at night. I always worry that some face other than mine would appear there when I see in it.

RLynn

I'm slightly arachnophobic, and I'm a bit uneasy around wasps and hornets. I actually rather like bumblebees and honeybees, although I've been stung by them on a few occasions (always my fault, not the bee's). I don't consider myself superstitious though.

Myrddin

I'm slightly arachnophobic, and I'm a bit uneasy around wasps and hornets. I actually rather like bumblebees and honeybees, although I've been stung by them on a few occasions (always my fault, not the bee's). I don't consider myself superstitious though.
Spiders are creepy, I wouldn't blame anyone for not liking them. I saw a huge one once, nestled in the fold of a sail (this was on a lake). It really freaked me out. Still does when I think about it.

Bumblebees are the only bees that don't bother me, I guess since I know they won't hurt me. Them I can watch and still be calm.

Isis

Apparently I'm not as weird as I thought. Bathroom mirrors freak me out, especially after watching a movie like 1408, and I've always been deathly afraid of spiders.

Katie

My mom is pretty superstitious. She's all about the Feng Shui stuff and I try to remind her that we're not Chinese.

On fears, I used to have an irrational fear of the dark. I always thought someone might come in and stab me to death if it's too dark so I slept with the light on. This actually went on until college when I lived alone. But now I'm a bit grown up and I can't sleep with the lights on anymore.

Nadai

I don't think I am so superstitious (I don't even believe in ghosts), but I am not a big fan of the bathroom mirror, especially at night. I always worry that some face other than mine would appear there when I see in it.
My sisters used to scare me with the Bloody Mary story...to this day I close my eyes in the bathroom until I reach the light switch. I don't believe in it, but I wouldn't want to risk it just in case:(.

TheLoreman

I don't really see the point of Superstitions? I have an uncle who without fail will salute if he sees Magpies? Also when I used to play village cricket, there were so many other players who would just start inventing superstitions based on a performance. It just seemed so negative to me. Some players would loan out a new cricket bat to someone else so that they would remove the 'curse' of a new bat? Bizarre?
So no I don't have any... My girlfriend won't put a new pair of shoes on the bed when she comes home from shopping as she believes it brings bad luck...