Mythology of Sound?

Mythology of Sound?

Anyone here know about the mythology of sound/noise/silence? :confused: I've been looking for information on any legends about something that could take away someone's voice in one way or another and all I can find is a Buffy episode of all things! I did find one thing, the legend of Echo, and I'm thinking if I can do a play on that, but if there's anyone here who knows anything else that might be of use to me, that'd be great! Thanks!

There's The Little Mermaid by Hans Christian Anderson, she had her voice taken away as payment for being human. It seems like there was another story but I can't remember it right now. :(

Sasodara

~~bLooDsTaInEd~~
Well, I was going to say that theres that part in the little mermaid....other then that not that I can think of. Sorry...

HermesRulz101

The Sirens are a definite possibility their voices were so beautiful that they lured hereos/sailors to their island. The hereos and sailors were so amazed that the Sirens could portray images of what life would be like in a perfect world... After that the Sirens would kill them:)