Is it an urban legend if it is supposed to be from the bible??

mythlvr

This issue of the world ending is supposed to be from the bible prophesies but I'm wondering if that makes it a religious prophesy or an Urban legend because people are twisting (my opinion) of what they are interpreting for whatever their reason (15 min of fame or just to upset people).

Myrddin

I think whether it's initially from the bible or not, if it has been twisted around -- and changing the interpretation -- it could qualify as an urban legend if not just another story with a basis from the bible (because it is now a different story).

Katie

Ah, I just posted about this on the urban legend thread haha. I think it is still considered as an urban legend. I mean the same group of people who claim it's the end of the world claimed it to be in 1994 and obviously they were wrong. Haha. It's not even in the Bible. What is on the Bible is that only God knows when it is time so those people who claim to know the end of the world are actually the false prophets that the Bible warns us about.

Travis

I think it's more an urban legend than a religious prophesy. I agree with Katie that only God know when this world will end. I even wonder if the world (rather the universe) would ever end.

Myrddin

I think it's more an urban legend than a religious prophesy. I agree with Katie that only God know when this world will end. I even wonder if the world (rather the universe) would ever end.
I think the world will end some day. Not any day soon, sometime far, far into the future. By human hands, that is. As for the universe, I believe that it will live on. It is so vast and infinite that it is not something that can just be destroyed, and certainly not by the likes of one tiny species (in comparison, that is). I do believe that only God, creator of the universe and everything it contains, can know when the world will end.

Nadai

I think the world will end some day. Not any day soon, sometime far, far into the future. By human hands, that is. As for the universe, I believe that it will live on. It so vast and infinite that it not something that can just be destroyed, and certainly not by the likes of one tiny species (in comparison, that is). I do believe that only God, creator of the universe and everything it contains, can know when the world will end.
Scientists are always changing their theories, but as far as whe the worl ends...I just hope it's not in my lifetime...I've got plans.

I wonder if the universe will be destroyed when God ends the world...is that in the Bible?