Horror fans: what do you like about them

Myrddin

Hello everyone. I was just curious what everyone likes about horror stories. What makes it perfect to you? What makes this kind of novel seem real to you? What sub-genres do you like in them?

Nadai

I'm not that huge on horror; I love scifi though. If it's a movie like Jason, I don't like it, but I love most vampire or warewolf movies and books. I think it's the type of books and movies where actual human beings are the psycho killers that turn me off. I can get with a scary vampire going on a killing rampage, but not an actual person. I know that there are evil people in the world and that humans do cruel and evil things to one another, but I just can't read or watch about it. I saw the first SAW movie and I haven't seen another, but I watch the Leprechaun movies every St. Patrick's Day... I guess I'm just weird like that. I guess, to me, there's so much bad in the world that, if I read about it, I don't want to have to think about all the evil in our world, I'd much rather think it belongs to another world.

Travis

I am not really a big fan of horror either. I read some horror novels and watch some horror movies because they are good novels and movies, and not because they are of horror genre.