Sirens

Sirens

I want to write a story about a siren and I've only been able to find a few articles about Sirens and they all talk about the greek myth with Odysseus and the three Sirens. I was wondering if there was info about them in any other cultures? I was also wondering if they ever kept any of the sailors alive for some reason.

Guardia

Whew, this post is still new, so i hope you'll still check.
Well, from what i know, Sirens have basically never did keep any sailors alive before. And seems to appear more often in Greek myths.

Apparently, there are also sayings which says that Sirens will die if someone hears their song and manages to escape from them.
So ya, if thats truly the case, i do not see how a sailor will escape so easily unless he had divine help or advice.

Metocles

Thracian Berserker
Sirens are Greek mythology 100%, but you may be able to find beings to the same degree in other mythologies. I think that all the sailors were dead by the time Odysseus arrived on the island with the Sirens from the Charybdis and Circe....well you've probably read the story. But, Sirens basically play the biggest role in that story. There are other stories they take place in, but I may have to find them through some sources.