Human created?

Travis

Some people believe that God is just human created. We create, worship and serve a god of our own design. While that maybe true to some extent, but I don't think the real God is just human made. We don't create Him, we just name Him.

DLegend

This is a debatable question because each person has his or her own beliefs. You can't say that "we just name that higher being" because some people don't even believe in the supernaturals. Although I believe in God, I can't say the same with other people.

I guess you meant to say is that there is just one God for monotheistic religions but it just have different names like Allah, Yahweh, or Christ. Then again, this notion is subjected to scrutiny.

RLynn

God in the Old Testament of the Bible is described as having human emotions. I doubt that this would be true of the real God (whatever that may be). However, someone (I can't recall who right now) said that anything you say about God is false because it imposes a limitation on something that is without limit. Thus there is a Catch-22 in talking about God.

Travis

I agree with you about the way God is described in the Old Testament, which makes Him more like Super Human than...well, the real God (whatever He is actually like).