Pet Names

Nadai

Personality sometimes or names that I just really like such as Pluto (the god) or Sperr (from a favorite book).

Annoyingprat

I try to use names that no else would give their pet. For example: I have a cat called Freda. We were originally supposed to get a boy cat, I had already called it Fred but when it came we decided to change it to something more girly. :D

Myrddin

Initially I liked to name my pets after favourite characters from television shows, but now I think I would either look to mythology for a suitable name or name after a character from a book I have read. Elsewise, if got a crazy little dog or cat, I would like to name it Loca.

TheLoreman

Right now I'm on a thing where I like to give names with Mr and Mrs'.

So a stray that started hanging around my house in Spain who was incredibly friendly and sweet I started calling Mr Boneaparte, and later another stray dog joined me and I started calling her Mrs Zee.

When I was a kid I had a Hamster and I called him HAM Solo (No guessing where I get that) and my two dogs (long since dead now) when I was in England I made up: Mopotino and Loros Nada-Whizz

Myrddin

Right now I'm on a thing where I like to give names with Mr and Mrs'.

So a stray that started hanging around my house in Spain who was incredibly friendly and sweet I started calling Mr Boneaparte, and later another stray dog joined me and I started calling her Mrs Zee.

When I was a kid I had a Hamster and I called him HAM Solo (No guessing where I get that) and my two dogs (long since dead now) when I was in England I made up: Mopotino and Loros Nada-Whizz
Wouldn't it technically be Sr. Boneaparte? You know, if it was in Spain.;) I have some friends who like to name their animals starting with Mr. as well. I have no idea where you would have gotten that name for your hamster; not a clue. :D

magickz

Personality always comes into play with our pets, some have names after people, places or events in history and others are totally common. Our outside cat who is like a wild beast (once he was out of the kitten stage we knew he would be an outside only cat) has a normal name.....Sam.

TheLoreman

Wouldn't it technically be Sr. Boneaparte? You know, if it was in Spain.;) I have some friends who like to name their animals starting with Mr. as well. I have no idea where you would have gotten that name for your hamster; not a clue. :D
Ha, ha. Technicaly yes you're absolutely right. I hadn't thought of that. Actually I was thinking of Napoleon Boneaparte when i though of it so maybe he should be Monsieur ? Still it was a fitting name nonetheless. Boneaparte really suited him.

Myrddin

Ha, ha. Technicaly yes you're absolutely right. I hadn't thought of that. Actually I was thinking of Napoleon Boneaparte when i though of it so maybe he should be Monsieur ? Still it was a fitting name nonetheless. Boneaparte really suited him.
Ah, touché (the turtle). It should have been Monsieur, then. Now how was it fitting? Was the cats personality similar to that of Napoleon Boneaparte, or was it something to do with how it sounds when broken up -- bone-a-part(e)?

TheLoreman

Well it's because he's a dog and dogs eat bones (which he loved) and they sorta break them apart... so Bone - aparte just felt right. Also where my place is, is very dry and barren, almost a dessert and he'd often go off for hours on end and then return with some sort of bone or carcass in his chops. One time he returned with what looked like a jaw bone. It was pretty alarming at first but I later found out that one of the locals would set aside bone scraps for the stray dogs. So cahnces are he'd picked it up from then.

Oh and I remember Touché the Turtle. :)

Myrddin

Well it's because he's a dog and dogs eat bones (which he loved) and they sorta break them apart... so Bone - aparte just felt right. Also where my place is, is very dry and barren, almost a dessert and he'd often go off for hours on end and then return with some sort of bone or carcass in his chops. One time he returned with what looked like a jaw bone. It was pretty alarming at first but I later found out that one of the locals would set aside bone scraps for the stray dogs. So cahnces are he'd picked it up from then.

Oh and I remember Touché the Turtle. :)
And his sidekick, Dumdum?