Zombies!

magickz

I think you need to double tap that stuff. Really though, we have a zombie plan for when it comes up and as crazy as this past weekend was with the "rapture", can you believe we did not see one stinking Zombie? ;)

nyahaha i post this question here in the forum after I read the Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks
also in that book are zombie accounts that happen. it makes me think "how will i survive when that time comes" :p

Myrddin

I don't believe in zombies, at least not the stereotypical type that eat your brains. Maybe the kind that come about in a post explosion type of event like in I Am Legend. But still, the idea seems pretty far-fetched to me.

VidaDuerme

Ehh. Of a kind. The zombies found in Haitian legends are not the zombies of Hollywood, and are not dead, but rather coma victims fueled by various religious rituals, drugs, and sheer belief.

I don't necessarily believe in this sort of zombie, having not actually seen one/read any definitive proof, but I find them a fair bit more plausible than the typical movie version.

From a biology/pathology viewpoint, perhaps some human variant of mad cow disease? I have no idea, biology is something I flirt with rather than a subject I have any real knowledge in. Interesting to think about, though. More research.

Myrddin

Ehh. Of a kind. The zombies found in Haitian legends are not the zombies of Hollywood, and are not dead, but rather coma victims fueled by various religious rituals, drugs, and sheer belief.

I don't necessarily believe in this sort of zombie, having not actually seen one/read any definitive proof, but I find them a fair bit more plausible than the typical movie version.

From a biology/pathology viewpoint, perhaps some human variant of mad cow disease? I have no idea, biology is something I flirt with rather than a subject I have any real knowledge in. Interesting to think about, though. More research.
Hollywood zombies, definitely not. Hollywood screws with everything, and honestly, most of the time you got to wonder why. There's no real need for them to do so.

These Haitian legend zombies you talk about do definitely sound plausible; definitely something worth looking at. It's the undead version of things that is so unbelievable. Thanks for sharing.

LegendofJoe

I think that whole Rainbow and the Serpent book blew things out of proportion.
Being given a drug that can put you into a coma, be buried, exhumed and made into a slave is not impossible I guess.
But I don't consider that a zombie if your definition of one is that he is a reanimated corpse, it's just someone that came out of a death-like coma.