Your favorite character?

Travis

Who is your favorite character in Greek mythology? I am not a big fan of Hercules, Zeus, and the like. I like Athena. She is the goddess of strength, strategy, wisdom, civilization, female arts and skill, as if you didn't know.

Myrddin

I kind of Perseus. He is the most respectable character I think. The rest of them, from the heroes anyway, tend to be a little bit douchey, one way or another. Out of the gods, I'm not sure who my favourite is. So many.

ApolloPriestess

Apollo and Artemis are hands down my favorite. Artemis is just so overlooked I think and to me she's one of the most unique goddesses of them all.

Myrddin

From the gods, my favourite has always been Athene, and right after her, Aphrodite. I really enjoy the stories that surround Athene; that of Arachne, her birth which involved her popping out of Zeus's head in full armour, the transformation of Medusa, and even that Athene gets Medusa's head put on her shield. I like Aphrodite I guess because she is the goddess of love.

Nadai

I like the fallen hero's. Prometheus, Icarus and Sisyphus.
I don't really know if you can call Icarus a hero. Icarus was the son of Dedalus...both human. Dedalus was the genius who created the labyrinth where the minator was kept. He escaped with his son by creating wax wings, but Icarus flew too close to the sun and plunged into the Icarian sea.

Nadai

I always loved Bacchus, he seemed like such a fun, laid back god; I wouldn't mind being one of his Bacchinals.
I'm in love with Eros; I thought the story of Eros and Psyche was beautiful!

TheLoreman

I guess I consider him a hero because his character has endured. Though stricktly speaking he probably isn't a hero.. Semantics I guess...

Myrddin

Apollo -- I like him too. Not only is he the god of archery he is also the god of music. And I love music.

Ren

My favorite Greek deity is the winged goddess Victory, called the Nike. Nike, the company, derived their name from her but it is pronounced different. The Nike would fly down and alight on a ship during a major naval battle and announce the victor. Her image is also supposedly where we get our imagery of angels in Judeo-Christian art. The most famous example of the Nike in art is the Nike of Samothrace currently housed in the Louvre. Give it a google, she's wonderful.
http://www.louvre.fr/llv/activite/detail_parcours.jsp?CURRENT_LLV_PARCOURS<>cnt_id=10134198674098115&CURRENT_LLV_CHEMINEMENT<>cnt_id=10134198674098163&CONTENT<>cnt_id=10134198674098163&FOLDER<>folder_id=9852723696500817&bmLocale=en

Nadai

My favorite Greek deity is the winged goddess Victory, called the Nike. Nike, the company, derived their name from her but it is pronounced different. The Nike would fly down and alight on a ship during a major naval battle and announce the victor. Her image is also supposedly where we get our imagery of angels in Judeo-Christian art. The most famous example of the Nike in art is the Nike of Samothrace currently housed in the Louvre. Give it a google, she's wonderful.
http://www.louvre.fr/llv/activite/detail_parcours.jsp?CURRENT_LLV_PARCOURS<>cnt_id=10134198674098115&CURRENT_LLV_CHEMINEMENT<>cnt_id=10134198674098163&CONTENT<>cnt_id=10134198674098163&FOLDER<>folder_id=9852723696500817&bmLocale=en
Nike is an interesting goddess, though it would seem that she isn't a very popular one; there aren't many stories featuring Nike aside from when she is accompanying Minerva during battles. I think that the most beautiful image of them together is the recreation of the golden statue in Ancient Athens' Parthenon of Minerva holding Nike in her hand. I think it was actually shown in the movie Percy Jackson.

Lorey

Somehow I kind of remembered that the name "Nike" came from somewhere, but I don't know why I didn't associate it with a Greek Goddess. Ha! They should have been having female spokespersons for the brand, but then maybe they wouldn't have sold so well, because guys would have thought them "girly".

DarkFolly

I think I like Athena best, but I also really like Artemis, Persephone, and the Muses. I like Athena because she's such a strong character and I like that she's the goddess of wisdom, civilization, warfare, strength, strategy, justice and skill as well as female arts and crafts. Makes me feel less silly for being interested in things like knitting as well as the history of warfare.

Who is your favorite character in Greek mythology? I am not a big fan of Hercules, Zeus, and the like. I like Athena. She is the goddess of strength, strategy, wisdom, civilization, female arts and skill, as if you didn't know.

i TOTALLY agree!
Likes- Athena, Hermes, Apollo, Hestia, Artemis, Odeyessus
DIS- Apherdiote Dionysus and PARIS and the like​