"your boyfriend has been sleeping with a corpse. . ."

I was browsing through some urban legends on the internet this morning and found one that is truly disgusting, so take this as your warning!

A woman has just started sleeping with her new boyfriend. She experiences some discomfort and itching in her private areas so she visits her doctor to get checked out. What the doctor finds is really shocking; in some version they find maggots and in others they find dead tissue from a missing person. So the girl finds out that her boyfriend (who, in some version, works in the morgue) has been sleeping with a corpse or has kidnapped and killed a woman.

It's all a legend, not true. I just thought it was extremely creepy, even though it logically does not make much sense.

jerri

This is one of those legends that is probably based on something similar that happened. I don't even want to try to look it up because I won't like what the search engine will pop up as results. (She probably should've showered more!)

Nadai

Creepy and gross, but not unfathomable.
My first year of Anthropology our professor told us a story that reminds me of this one...
Once there was a beautiful young virgin girl. She had shining golden hair and eyes the color of the ocean. She lived in a small village on the coast of Ireland. One day, an illness swept her small village and several people died. Weeks later when the illness had passed, the girl fell ill herself. She was dead by the next morning. A priest came; he had fiery red curls and eyes that were a dark green. He asked her family if he may spend the night with the girl's body to pray over her spirit so that her soul may reach Heaven and find rest. By the next morning, the priest had left and, just before the girl was to be burried, she miraculously woke up! The family was overjoyed and the villagers praised the priest. Nine months later, the young virgin girl gave birth to a red-haired boy!
We were discussing how, many years ago, people believed that the only way to conceive was for both partners to orgasm. In those day, that young girl would have been considered to be at fault for being raped. It was an interesting discussion which I found to be a bit comical:oops:. Wouldn't it be something to rise from the dead only to find that you were knocked up by a lecherous priest while you were out! That'd make for real reality tv.

I guess maybe it could happen but I would think that somebody would notice that they had maggot on their privates. I also don't think that maggots would be able to attach themselves to somebody's private parts. I looked it up on Snopes and they say it's a legend with no factual backing. Either way, it creeps me out.

fibi ducks

i wonder what the legal situation with necrophilia is? i can imagine it might be one of those things that is definitely disaproved of but not strictly illegal. or perhaps illegal but in an indirect way - like because there's an obligation to report a body if you find one rather than do anything else...
anyone know? i'm in the uk so it may be different here.

Nadai

i wonder what the legal situation with necrophilia is? i can imagine it might be one of those things that is definitely disaproved of but not strictly illegal. or perhaps illegal but in an indirect way - like because there's an obligation to report a body if you find one rather than do anything else...

I'm sure one could sue for assult or something of the sort-the family of the deceased.

Nadai

I just asked my mom who is a lawyer; she says that if the person was dug u pfrom a federal gravesite then the state would sue and the person would be tried in federal court. She says that the laws concerning something like that would normally fall under state jurisdiction and that each state would have a way of trying and punishing someone for that.

fibi ducks

I just asked my mom who is a lawyer; she says that if the person was dug u pfrom a federal gravesite then the state would sue and the person would be tried in federal court. She says that the laws concerning something like that would normally fall under state jurisdiction and that each state would have a way of trying and punishing someone for that.
Hi Nadai, just thinking, does this mean that it would be illegal to have sex with a zombie or a vampire? I know its not really an issue with zombies, but vampires can be very attractive.

Nadai

Hi Nadai, just thinking, does this mean that it would be illegal to have sex with a zombie or a vampire? I know its not really an issue with zombies, but vampires can be very attractive.

I think that would be okay as long as they were consenting adult vampires. I guess, just be sure that it's nightime and they've awakened from their death-sleep and you'll be okay.
As for zombies... Well I don't know, just be sure to wear a helmet;)

fibi ducks

I think that would be okay as long as they were consenting adult vampires. I guess, just be sure that it's nightime and they've awakened from their death-sleep and you'll be okay.
As for zombies... Well I don't know, just be sure to wear a helmet;)
Ok thanks again Nadai. I won't say any more as i don't want to jinx my chances

Myrddin

With vampires and zombies, well it may not illegal, you still probably shouldn't. With zombies, you never know what they have been raised from the dead to do. Whoever is behind the magic, likely isn't a very nice person. As with vampires, they would either be evil and therefore have evil intentions, or otherwise, even if they have a soul, giving them a moment of true happiness could cause them to lose their soul. So really it could be a lose-lose.;)

Nadai

With vampires and zombies, well it may not illegal, you still probably shouldn't. With zombies, you never what they have been raised from the dead to do. Whoever is behind the magic, likely isn't a very nice person. As with vampires, they would either be evil and therefore have evil intentions, or otherwise, even if they have a soul, giving them a moment of true happiness could cause them to lose their soul. So really it could be a lose-lose.;)
So make sure that all vampire sex is just selfish and meaningless fun... or just finish first then get the heck out:p

Nadai

This conversation, is all kinds of gross! I can not even imagine having my doctor tell me, I had maggots, instead of a yeast infection. I would probably vomit, then go home and stab my boyfriend, for being a sicko!
:DI wish there was a *hysterical laughter* smiley;)