Witches and black magic

Lorey

Most people think that witches perform "Black Magic", when in fact, witches are actually afraid to cast any spells or perform magic that would have a negative result. If you send something like that out into the universe, it comes back to you, and sometimes even worse than what you've sent!

magickz

Comes back three fold and it bugs me too. Anytime I hear the conversation start up I just walk away, its easier than having to then re-educate everyone who has fallen for everything that Hollywood has now "taught" them. Its a never ending battle.

Pegasus

In the short time I have been trying to understand and de-bunk the Hollywood hype, it seems that when trying to overcome some problem, it is always handled in a non voiolent and non threatening way. The answers are sought from within, just being aware of your surroundings. For instance, if someone is giving you a hard time, and you want them out of your life, it is said to fill a ziplock bag with water about 3/4 the way full, and write the person's name on a piece of paper. Place the piece of paper in the bag, and put it in the freezer. I will have to try it and see if it works.

DarkFolly

Not to rain on your parade, Pegasus, but you could also just try telling the person you're having a problem with that you don't want to deal with their negative energy/whatever and cut off communications.

Sometimes I think using magic for things that could be accomplished without it is even worse than doing "black" magic. :(

Its entirely the persons choice. I get angered by people who say witchcraft is all about black magic and satanism, blah blah. But then also, i dont like how wishy-washy paganism (a religion that embraces witchcraft) is portrayed as being fully positive. Witches, pagans, wiccans- whichever path one follows, used to focus on the negative side of life too, and focus on it for a little while to aid personal development. Alot of that has gone out the window now, which sucks. Witches dont like to use black magic, but know when its appropriate.

Magic can be used in all situations present in life, its nothing supernatural or nothing...its the natural forces in the universe. I understand what Pegasus is saying, i dont think its wrong in the slightest, because magic is a part of every day life. Try it out and see what happens. Talking may help too, but do whatever is right =)

Pegasus

Thanks everyone for your input. As always, everyone has a great point to share. In my particular case, my problem is with a co-worker - someone in charge rather than on a personal level where communication may be the more ideal way to handle the situation. In this situation, communication is out of the question, and bullying tactics rule the day. So this is an interesting attempt to see what the universe ultimately holds in store for this negative energy.

magickz

There is good and bad in every single person out there. Just remember that while everyone has their personal feelings on the subject, those who are separate from the sheep know when to use tact and just let the little motor mouths run. I have to deal with it from time to time myself. :)

RLynn

There is a weird magical procedure in the Bible for kicking butt. "Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head." Romans 12:19-20, which is a quote from Proverbs 25:21-22. This type of magic, which invokes the assistance of a god or gods, is called theurgy.

Lorey

In the short time I have been trying to understand and de-bunk the Hollywood hype, it seems that when trying to overcome some problem, it is always handled in a non voiolent and non threatening way. The answers are sought from within, just being aware of your surroundings. For instance, if someone is giving you a hard time, and you want them out of your life, it is said to fill a ziplock bag with water about 3/4 the way full, and write the person's name on a piece of paper. Place the piece of paper in the bag, and put it in the freezer. I will have to try it and see if it works.
To me, that is still trying to perform some type of magic, or using "powers" to get them out of your life. It doesn't seem as bad, but I don't think I'd even do that much.

Chablis

Interesting tactic Pegasus and I would love to know how it works as I have a similar situation in my life. My only question though is how is it supposed to remove them from your life? Death? A promotion where they have to move across the country? Just curious as I don't actually wish to harm anyone, but it wouldn't hurt my feeling at all if she had to move to Antartica. :)