Winter

Winter

Hey, just wanted to see if I could get a bit of help finding an appropriate name for someone in a new poem I am writing. Currently, I am looking for a female spirit/goddess who domain involves winter, especially as kinda a harsh force. In my poem there is more a balance, winter being what makes the growth of spring possible, not sure if that makes any more suitable, but, yeah. Thanks for the time.

palefrost

celts have The Crone - One of the Triple Goddess Aspects, Goddess of Old Age, Winter and the Waning Moon

norse- Skadi - Goddess of Winter and Hunting

Caillech (Scottish, Irish, Welsh) - Goddess of Weather, Earth, Sky, Seasons, Moon and Sun

Tealight

I believe there is a Japanese goddess, called Yukionna (?), a beautiful women to draws people into the forest in winter, where they die. If you're interested, I have an amazing picture I could post.

There is an Inuit goddess called Sedna who was also very beautiful, but vain too. She denied all her suitors and married a dog instead out of spite. Some do say that she fell in love with the dog... Anway, some of the jealous suitors took her out on a boat and then tried to push her into the icy water. When she clung on to the side to try and save herself, they cut off her fingers, which swam away and became seals and other creatures of the sea. Sedna became the goddess of the sea. However, because she has no fingers, she cannot tidy her hair and it quickly becomes grimy and matted. Then she becomes angered, causing ice to form over the sea and bringing all the sea creatures around her so that it becomes harder and harder for the mortals to find food. Her need for revenge causes a dark winter. The Inuit believe that every spring a wise shaman is sent down to Sedna to untangle and comb her hair; each year she relents and again lets the sea creatures go free. The ice thaws, and the people can eat again.