Which greek god do you resemble?

Rhonda Tharp

I found this quiz this morning and it tells you who you are most like.

http://hunch.com/greek-gods/?gclid=COmX4v3AoKUCFchA2godNj-gHg&SEMref=google&kw=greek+gods+olympians

I got Demeter. I'm not all that familiar with her, so now I have some research to do.
Oh, she's a badass. Hades kidnapped her daughter, Persephone, and Demeter went looking for her. When she couldn't find her she began to mourn for her. Because she is Goddess of Agriculture (Grains like Ceres - where we get the word "cereal"), she causes everything to die. The other Gods plead with Zeus to make his brother Hades give Persephone back because Demeter was causing the death of all growing things, that a deal is made. As long as Persephone hadn't eaten anything during her stay with Hades, she may be released. But she had eaten 6 pomegranate seeds, and is forced to come back to Hades for 6 months of the year, and the other 6 months she can return to be with her mother. This is for explaining the seasons. The Eleusian mysteries are all centered around the cult of Demeter and her powers. During the course of Demeter looking for her daughter, she encounters a queen with her infant prince. Demeter attempts to "burn" away the mortality of the prince,and the queen catches her putting him in a fire. But only after the prince is taken out of the fire, does the queen then realize who she is talking to - Demeter, and regrets having intervened. Isis does a similar thing with a queen and her son, while she is in search of Osiris.

Nadai

I took the quiz and got the result Gaea. She is the mother titan also known as the Earth Mother; she came after Chaos and created Uranus (Sky).

Chimeranick

I got Prometheus. He gave the power of fire to humanity and in return Zeus had him chained to a rock and sent an eagle to tear out his liver. Then at night he is healed and the next day the eagle comes again. This goes on for eternity. Damn.

i got gaea for the top slot but my number two was interesting as well.
number two was Ananke
In Greek mythology, Ananke or Anagke, was the personification of destiny, necessity and fate, depicted as holding a spindle. She marks the beginning of the cosmos, along with Chronos. She was seen as the most powerful dictator of all fate and circumstance which meant that the other Gods had to give her respect and pay homage as well as the mortals. She was also the mother of the Moirae, the three fates who were fathered by Zeus.

Chintai

I loved the questions but wasn't able to find out which Goddess I am as it seemed to need a Twitter account to see the results. Perhaps I did something wrong?

Nadai

Chimeranick... at least he gets rescued.
Chintai you should just be able to go to the site and take the quiz and the results come up as you're taking it right next to the questions you are being asked.

Chintai

I tried again but the information on the gods and goddesses to the side didn't change all the way through. It's a pity as I like this type of quiz. Perhaps if I track it down when I am signed in to facebook I can try it that way.

Nadai

Possibly. I added the link to my facebook and it took me to the same site so that could work, but you might get the same results. Goodluck!

Nadai

I tried again but the information on the gods and goddesses to the side didn't change all the way through. It's a pity as I like this type of quiz. Perhaps if I track it down when I am signed in to facebook I can try it that way.
I retook the test. When you take the quiz there will be gods and goddesses on the side; as you answer questions the results will change, but not all of them. The last one that appears at the top of the list is the god or goddess that matches up with you.

Nella

I also got Gaea for my top match as some of you did. My second one was Eirene, goddess of peace. So I much just be the earthly, motherly, loving type and that fits me perfectly.

Deity

I got Aphrodite and my second was Athena. I feel like a strong, powerful woman sometimes so I guess it fits. My mother used to tell me I toyed with hearts, too, so I guess it's pretty accurate actually.

Gavin

Im mostly like Zeus not because hes like the boss it because hes smart and wise and Athena because see a good statigest like me.
(sorry horrible speller)

Isis

This is a pretty neat quiz. I'm most like Aphrodite. My husband, who is trying to make up for being a jerk earlier, told me he knew I would be, haha.