Where would you go?

Bobby Givens

If money was not an obstacle where would you go? Would you go to somewhere with historical significance like Gettysburg or mythological ties like Greece? I would like to travel all over the world because my mind is like a sponge and I just soak up information.

LegendofJoe

I'm lucky in that I'm single and have 4 weeks vacation.
I let my love of myths guide me to the places I wanted to go.
First: Ireland; followed by Scandinavia,Egypt, Italy, Greece, India, China and France.
In every place I would come back with objects and wall hangings associated myths and legends.
For example, in Norway I found two awesome wood carvings of Thor and Odin.
In Egypt, I purchased some lovely papyrus paintings of Isis and the judgement of the dead.
In France I bought a tapestry based on a painting depicting the quest for the Holy Grail.
It was fun, but I spent a crapload of money! lol

greekgoddess31

LegendofJoe, that sounds amazing! I am so very jealous as I have always wanted to visit all those places. Maybe someday it will happen when I get all my debt paid off.

LegendofJoe

LegendofJoe, that sounds amazing! I am so very jealous as I have always wanted to visit all those places. Maybe someday it will happen when I get all my debt paid off.
lol
I hope you get those debts paid off soon.
I forgot to mention Peru and Bolivia.
I purchased there an image of Viracocha (The Weeping God), and a statuette of Pachamama: the Mother goddess.
That's just the tip of the iceberg. Although I live by myself in a two bedroom apartment I managed to fill it up so that it is like
a mini museum.

greekgoddess31

Wow, Joe it sounds like you lead a very interesting existence. I can only hope that mine was half that exciting. I haven't even left my continent of origin even once yet and the only other country I've been to is Canada, but I'm not sure that even counts.

Bobby Givens

Legend, you certainly are well traveled. Have you done a lot of traveling in the US or mostly abroad? It was probably a lot of fun anyway.

Liz

If I could go anywhere, I would want to go to Australia and experience seeing the aboriginal people. Their history goes back so far and the history of the people is so deep.

Rhonda Tharp

First, Ireland for the archaeological sites, Rock of Cashel, Tara Hill and anything with Celtic and PreRoman connections
Second, England Salsbury Plain for Stonehenge, London, castles
Third, Egypt for obvious reasons
Fourth, India Hindu Temples tied with China's Great Wall and Confucian and Buddhist temples
Fifth, France Chartres, Versailles, Roslyn Cathedral, I.M Pei's Pyramid, San Tropei - Johnny Depp's home away from home :)
Sixth, anything relating to American history - Trail of Tears, Kensington Stone, Totemic Cultures in NW, Civil War and Revolutionary War Battle sites, etc
Seventh, Netherlands - specifically Doesburg. My maiden name is Dusenbury and that's where my paternal side hails from
Gotta win the lottery first! Just paid off my trip to Washington DC and Virginia from last year...

magickz

The first place I would go would be to visit a long time family member who I have not seen in years. After that I have a feeling that I would be planning a 'round the world' trip for a week before I headed out. I have many places on my list to see, of course, if money were not an issue.

LegendofJoe

Wow, Joe it sounds like you lead a very interesting existence. I can only hope that mine was half that exciting. I haven't even left my continent of origin even once yet and the only other country I've been to is Canada, but I'm not sure that even counts.
Thanks, but I really don't live an exciting life. I'm just lucky I had the oppurtunity to see some places. Actually, I have not been anywhere in about 11 years.
I'm just not in the mood lately.
And yes, Canada counts! :)

LegendofJoe

Legend, you certainly are well traveled. Have you done a lot of traveling in the US or mostly abroad? It was probably a lot of fun anyway.
Actually,I'm embarrased to say that I have not been anywhere in my own country. I live in NY and have maybe seen a sliver of New Jersey, Connecticut and Pennsylvania.
Oh! and the airports of Detroit and Miami.

LegendofJoe

First, Ireland for the archaeological sites, Rock of Cashel, Tara Hill and anything with Celtic and PreRoman connections
Second, England Salsbury Plain for Stonehenge, London, castles
Third, Egypt for obvious reasons
Fourth, India Hindu Temples tied with China's Great Wall and Confucian and Buddhist temples
Fifth, France Chartres, Versailles, Roslyn Cathedral, I.M Pei's Pyramid, San Tropei - Johnny Depp's home away from home :)
Sixth, anything relating to American history - Trail of Tears, Kensington Stone, Totemic Cultures in NW, Civil War and Revolutionary War Battle sites, etc
Seventh, Netherlands - specifically Doesburg. My maiden name is Dusenbury and that's where my paternal side hails from
Gotta win the lottery first! Just paid off my trip to Washington DC and Virginia from last year...
Great choices!!
But you left out Italy!!! You MUST see Italy!!!
It's got something for everyone.;)

RLynn

Ireland, Wales, England, Greece, Israel, Egypt (after it stabilizes).

We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
- T. S. Eliot

Talaria

Ireland is my first choice (2013 here I come!) I could possibly stay there and never come back...seriously the fairies can take me away!
Japan is my second choice. I think the antique shops alone with their shiny samurai swords and dinnerware would have me entranced for at least 2 days. Asian food is my favorite.
I would love to see France, Spain, Portugal and Italy....mainly for the fabulous wine and food I would indulge myself with haha. The architecture and museums an added bonus.
Greece could probably have me too...I wouldn't object.
Egypt is one of my loves. That culture intrigues me so much. I think I could possibly cry if I saw the Pyramids.
India sounds like a place I would like too.

I would be most satisfied if I could go to every place on Earth just once.
p.s. if I was 20 years older I would ask LegendofJoe to marry me. hehe I am in a silly mood.I missed this place!

Nadai

I've always wanted to go to Ireland, but I also would love to visit Rome and Greece and Egypt, but before I go to any of those places I'd love to go to Boston and NYC. I've never been, but my sisters have and they always tell me how much fun they are. Unfortunately I probably won't go until my babies are a bit older and I've got a nice fat stack of cash saved up so that I can go crazy once I get there.

Myrddin

Ireland, Wales, England, Greece, Israel, Egypt (after it stabilizes).

We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
- T. S. Eliot
Which poem is that passage from? I'd like to look it up.

Have been to NYC, and through the northern half of NYS going to Vermont. Also Saskatchewan. Not sure if England counts as I was only there once when I was very young, and don't remember very much about it -- except for Trafalgar's Square with the pigeons and an unfortunate incident at some country garden which the name of I can't remember. Would like to go back -- I don't remember Stone Henge at all, though we did visit. Have also been to the Candian east coast.

I want to go to Ireland; Scotland; California; Florida; Vancouver; Romania, mostly for Dracula's Castle; France, of which I want to see Paris for sure; and somewhere in South America. Oh, and of course Italy. Want to see Rome and the canals of Venice. Would love to go back NYC and the East Coast

Ronnie

I would love to travel all of the time. At one time I had the opportunity because I applied for a position as a tour guide and was accepted. But circumstances decreed that I spend my time at home. So, here I sit. :)