Where do you stand when it comes to religion?

Lets start off with me saying that i created this thread to get to know peoples view points, and i do not want any type of bashing at all we all come here to learn!!!!

with that out of the way let me start:

Im a open minded christian, i do beive there is a God, i belive that we live in pergatory and we must face the consequences for our actions..I'm so open minded that ill go in any church..temple..cenagog..monastary..tent, just to hear and learn more bout other people but if they try to convert me then i walk away.I have my beliefs and faith and know where i stand so feel free to open my eyes with more knowledge! You see when i talk bout my religion the blinded get pissed at me well i just tell em"You asked and i answed you truthfully" anywhosists.....feel free to express you view points...im willing to sit and listen and mabye even talk openly bout stuff!!!!!

-lilith-

jason

empty
I love to learn and read about Religion when I can. I go to a non-denominational Church. I believe in a higher power. I feel as if that higher power can take on the form of many shapes.

Talaria

I like to learn about religion...but I don't stick to a particular one. My mom was raised christian and my dad Roman Catholic. They just said educate yourself and choose. I never choose lol. Probably not enough guidance. I was into Wicca about 10 years ago. I respect all religions and believe there is a truth to every one.

Artemis

I am a Roman Catholic and I believe in God. However I am not a real believer about saints and praying for their intercession. Jesus never said anything about that.

Dragonsbreath

I'm sort of a Southern Baptist. I say sort of because we are not really Baptist but we share a lot of common beliefs. I am however, open minded and like to hear about other forms of religion. I do still hold to my childhood beliefs but I don't mind having friends of all religious persuasions and actually do have friends of all religious persuasions. I don't judge, it's not my job.

TheReaper

I am Roman Catholic and I would never leave that church, but I also respect other religions. It's not my place to tell someone what they should or shouldn't believe. The only people that really stretch my tolerance to the limit are atheists. I won't argue with them (I've tried in the past and it's a no win situation) so I just steer clear of them.

Alwi Verdinan

I am an Agnostic,My mom was a Christian & my dad was a Muslim from Egypt.......
I love learning about all religion studies,whatever is it,but talking **** about religion makes me more look smart! take it mom & dad.

Nadai

I was raised Christian, but over the years of studying so many different cultures in my Anthropology courses, it's hard to follow the teachings I was raised on. It's interesting to see how, as Christians, we feel that we have proof of God's powers, but Christians aren't the only ones. All over the world people's beliefs are based on the things they see and hear and feel. They have the same evidence of their Gods that we have of ours and it brought me to the conclusion that there are several Gods in various heavens. I believe that souls, after their bodies die, are given another body. I believe that eventually when this world is destroyed our souls will go to Heaven or Hell, our destinaton based on the state of our souls. I believe that some people are just born evil and those souls are destined for Hell. I believe that purer souls go to Heaven. I can't bring myself to believe that, according to the Bible, even good people will go to Hell. I don't think that a God that would take the time to create all of us would allow something like that to happen. I love studying other cultures and other religions. Anthropology is great fun and it opens your eyes to so many different and newer worlds as long as you are free from an ethnocentric idealogy.

DLegend

This reminds of the song "Imagine" by John Lennon. One of the lines say "...and no religion too. Imagine all the people living life in peace." I like the melody of the song but not the meaning of the song. I'm a Christian and I believe that there is a God out there who created us and is watching over us. I believe that we can only have real peace if we trust in God.

Nadai

If there was no religion, or maybe just one religion, we would all live in peace. How many wars are started over religion?

Alwi Verdinan

If there was no religion, or maybe just one religion, we would all live in peace. How many wars are started over religion?
this is a question we hear very often, and there are a number of ways of approaching the issue. I'd like to try a scientific approach.
The position is that religion causes war. Just like, say, alcohol causes inebriation and sunlight makes things grow.
if we wanted to test the alcohol/inebriation or sun/growth hypotheses scientifically, what would we do?
with the religion/war hypothesis, we don't have to actually make a clinical study,it's already been done for us. In the 20th century, we saw the most disastrous wars of history, both in Europe and in the Far East. Tell me, which of these were centered around religious disputes?
There is another common factor to war, much more common than religion and that is that they are fought by human beings.
Without religion we would find other things to fight about, like parking spots and noise from the neighbors. But without religion, world peace would not have entered the human vocabulary.

Boudica

I am actually Wiccan. I was raised Catholic but I just don't agree with a lot of their points of view. To me, if there are men and women why would there not be a God AND a Goddess? It is also nature based which I am into.

Isabelle

I was raised a Southern Baptist but just consider myself to be Christian. I have always loved learning about other religions, and I don't really think any of us fit into a neat little religious box if you explore other religions even just a little bit.

Nella

I was raised Methodist and will be married non-denominational. I also love to learn of other religions and have been to Baptist, Catholic, Roman Catholic, Methodist, 7th day Adventist and non-denominational church's and I learn at each one.

DLegend

I have a question about religion specifically for Christians. There is only one Bible but why is it that there are so many denominations? I have asked this question myself and seems like I can't find a satisfying answer.