What's on your 2012 reading list?

I have a lot of reading goals for 2012. I want to read a lot more than I read this year. I am actually disappointed that I moved and lost interest in reading for a little while. I think my goal is going to be at least 100 books completed by the end of the year.

WinterWitch

I tried to set a goal for reading 50 books one year, but I think I actually only finished two. Hopefully, I will read a few more than that in 2012. I'm wanting to read the Pretty Little Liars series and the book about Steve Jobs.

Nadai

Bluest Eyes and The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. I also think I'll look into The Princess and the Penis. It's a short story my sister was telling me about-apparently it's hilarious and I won't be able to put it down. The other two are also supposed to be really good, again, my sister told me I won't be able to put them down. She ordered me a Kindle Fire for Christmas so I'm hoping to get it soon so I can start filling it with some new books.

Nadai

I tried to set a goal for reading 50 books one year, but I think I actually only finished two.
I tried to set a similar goal for myself a couple years back. I spent a lot of money on a bunch of random books (Twilight included), I was very proud of myself when I got through those four, but I hated each one and afterwards I lost a bit of faith in the other books I'd purchased. When I moved they all ended up in boxes collecting dust:( I want to get them back out sometime in the distant future; maybe that will be a resolution to add to my list!

Rhonda Tharp

I didn't realize it was a trilogy:confused: My sister only told me about the one book. What are the others?
The second one is "The Girl Who Played with Fire" and the third is "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest." All three Swedish films are available with Noomi Rapace playing Lisbeth Salander. Steig Larsen died before he could finish the fourth book, and Swedish law would not allow his "common law" wife property rights of the book, so it probably won't get finished or published, bummer!

Myrddin

I'd like to finish the Frankenstein series by Dean Koontz, and read The Dark Tower series by Stephen King. As well, I would like to read the final book in the Terra Incognita series by Kevin J. Anderson (The Key to Creation).

OracleLady

I have read the Steig Larsen books as well as watched the three foreign versions of the film on Netflix. I want to read all of the Colleen McCullough Masters of Rome series. I think the first one starts with "The First Man in Rome." They have been on my list for several years now, and it's past time to settle into them.

LegendofJoe

Let's see, I still have quite a few mythology books to get through.
I just finished a great book on the folklore of vampires, and started a book on werewolves.
I figured since there is so much stuff out there with vamps and weres, I wanted to know how it all started.

RLynn

My first read of the year will be The Chicken Qabalah of Rabbi Lamed Ben Clifford. After that I'll probably read the new translation I have of Thomas Mann's The Magic Mountain. Also, I shall try to read Thomas Pynchon's Gravity's Rainbow all the way to the end! :eek:

greekgoddess31

I just want to read more in general this year. I used to try to read at least one classical novel (i.e. Jane Eyre, Wuthering Heights, Dracula, and The Three Musketeers) a year but I have gotten out of the habit. I may just have to start again though. I have downloaded Uncle Tom's Cabin to my Kindle and I would like to get through that.

I completed my first book of the year, based on the Twin Peaks television show. It's called The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer. I got it for the holidays from my boyfriend and I enjoyed it. It took me just an hour to finish it because I am a big fan of the show.

RLynn

I completed my first book of the year, based on the Twin Peaks television show. It's called The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer. I got it for the holidays from my boyfriend and I enjoyed it. It took me just an hour to finish it because I am a big fan of the show.
I LOVE Twin Peaks! It's my all time favorite TV series. Would you recommend this book for anyone who is a fan of the show? Is the Fire Walk with Me movie any good? I haven't seen it yet. I've read that it can be very intense.

Setharoth

I don't set goals for my reading. I have always been a voracious reader, reading several books a week most of the time. Now that I got a Kindle for Christmas, I read tons without even having to go to the library or buy books at the thrift store. Mostly I just download the free Kindle books so far as there is plenty of books for free so why pay if I don't have to?