What is your favorite tale from Greek Mythology?

Nimbuschick

I like Cupid and Pysche b/c it's one of the few myths that ends well, but I'm also a big fan of the whole Pandora's Box debacle because all of the events leading up to it just show how out of proportion everything got blown.

Artemis

The Trojan War is my all time favorite and I watched the movie Troy. The twist of the story is a genius and the personal stories of the characters are so moving.

Nadai

My favorite story would have to be the story of Cephalus and Procris. It's a sad story about losing the one you love. Basically Procris and Cephalus are deeply in love but both fear that the other may be or have been unfaithful. In the end they find out that neither has been unfaithful, but it's too late by the end of the story. It's beautifully written by Ovid. I like all of his writings actually, but that one is especially beautiful.

Nadai

I think Echo's story is a good one, but I can't get into Narcissus' character; he ruins the story for me.
Cupid and Psyche's tale is a sweet one as well, especially the ending when she risks so much to be with him. I guess I'm just a sucker for any of Ovid's romances. Especially the ones with such epic endings as those.

Blaire Calabro

The story of Eurydice and Orpheus. Now there is a one that almost moves me to tears, somewhat because it deals with true love. Besides I can get into the character of Orpheus too.

The story of Eurydice and Orpheus. Now there is a one that almost moves me to tears, somewhat because it deals with true love. Besides I can get into the character of Orpheus too.
I like early Orpheus and his story with Eurydice as well. I say early because I looked into it and found out that post Eurydice, Orpheus retired to nature and was killed by a pack of roving Amazon women (I'm not kidding). Apparently their advances towards him were spurned and they became very angry. As Amazon women tend to do, they literally tore him apart. Still, his poetic spirit is paramount to his character, which I especially admire.

Personally, I'm all for Prometheus, especially the way the 19th century Romantics painted him as stalwart and heroic.

VampireSlushy

I am going to have to go with, um, the story of Daedalus and Icarus(spelling?) because I love the idea of inventing cool things and have ALWAYS wanted to fly. I was a bit depressed when I finally learned that Icarus fell to his death in the middle of the ocean, however, a good sad story really can bring my mood up at times because I compare my life to theirs and realize that mine isnt so bad:)

Nadai

Old World American I'm pretty sure it was the Baccants that tore apart Orpheus not the Amazons; they were upset because after Euridyce was lost for the second time, Orpheus spurned love and retreated to the woods. After Dionysus' women tore him apart he grew angry at the loss of Orpheus' musical talent and turned them to trees.

Jonny Capps

I think that my favorite is likely the one involving Jason, heir to the throne of Iolkus. His quest for the golden fleece is intense and fascinating. It's also amazing how many great heroes were amongst the Argonauts! They had such amazing adventures together!

true the hunt for the golden flece was awsome!!!! and how he defeated the sleeping dragon and defeated the army of skeltions was awsome!!!! greek mythology is my fav.

Nella

What is your favorite tale from Greek Mythology?

What tale from Greek Mythology is your favorite now and does this differ from what was your favorite when you were younger?
When I was little I always loved the story of how Pegasus was a winged horse and came out of Medusa when she was be-headed by Persues. This is how I was introduced into Greek Mythology. Like many others of you my favorite now is Pandora's Box.

i was interested in greek mythology...from the tv shows heracles and xena and then in the 5th grade for english we had to read the stories and write about them and it just opened up my world to all kinds of mythology and now when it comes to greek and roman and egyption mythology im amazing at knowing all im still learning bout norse and other acient world mythology!!!!!

lets see the story of the flood,how many times Zeus created the humans before he settled with us, an many more i really cant choose a fav. story, i love em all!!!