What happened?

greekgoddess31

I recently read this book called "Sarah's Diary" and purportedly it is the true story of a girl named Sarah Brown. The diary was evidently found amidst the carnage of a multiple homicide but Sarah wasn't among the dead. There are apparently videos of her on Youtube. Many say that it is all a hoax to sell books, have you read it? What do you think? Is it true?

jerri

I couldn't find it on Youtube but I noticed that Amazon UK had a very different description of the book than did Amazon (US). I don't think it's true, I think it's an urban legend.

Enertia

Sounds like a very strange book. I have not heard anything, about the story, but my guess is it is urban legend. Ever since the Blair Witch Project, possibly before then, people have made money off supposed true stories.

greekgoddess31

It was a very odd book. Apparently some of the "facts" could be verified while others could not. I don't believe it is true but there are plenty of people who do. If it is true, I believe that Sarah was a very mentally disturbed person.

Isabelle

Interesting. My curiousity got the better of me so I looked it up. I think it definitely has possibilities of being a gimmick to generate publicity for the book.