What do you believe makes the world go round?

What makes the world go round?

• Money

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Love

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • A Combination

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

Myrddin

It's a debatable notion, I know. Just curious what everyone thinks. Personally, I can't decide. It seems almost fifty/fifty to me. Hence the combination option. I figure though, it's usually one or the other.:confused:

Nadai

My world couldn't exist without love, but the world as a whole would probably plunge into chaos without money. Some people get along just fine without ever having experienced love and some people lone their money so I'd have to say that the two could be put together.

Id say love makes the world go round, say, people who have little money in the world, sure they would want more money, but they're still alive. But maybe i just want to believe that its love =)

RLynn

It's just myth that the world goes round anyhow. If it really did, a point on the equator would move 24,901.55 miles in 24 hours. That's 1,037.56 mph! :eek: Spinning at that rate, everything would fly off! Therefore, common sense must prevail: the world is stationary, and the sun moves around it. As a corollary, Ptolemy was right after all: the solar system is geocentric. :D

Rhonda Tharp

It's just myth that the world goes round anyhow. If it really did, a point on the equator would move 24,901.55 miles in 24 hours. That's 1,037.56 mph! :eek: Spinning at that rate, everything would fly off! Therefore, common sense must prevail: the world is stationary, and the sun moves around it. As a corollary, Ptolemy was right after all: the solar system is geocentric. :D
Ha, when I read the first few words of your response, I thought you were saying "myth" makes the world go round. Then I thought, myth certainly has perservered throughout the ages and permeated our everyday lives, from urban legends, to names for the days of the week and our planets. How many wars have been fought over clashing views of creation, divinities, gods, moral/ethical behavior, birth, love, death??? All those are found in myth, and Hollywood's making money off of them. Wait, did I just contradict the point I was making about myth making the world go around? It's time for summer break :)

RLynn

You're right too, metaphorically. However, in reality, if the world indeed does go round (contrary to common sense), it's because the gods made it that way. Who would dare suggest otherwise? :)
Ha, when I read the first few words of your response, I thought you were saying "myth" makes the world go round. Then I thought, myth certainly has perservered throughout the ages and permeated our everyday lives, from urban legends, to names for the days of the week and our planets. How many wars have been fought over clashing views of creation, divinities, gods, moral/ethical behavior, birth, love, death??? All those are found in myth, and Hollywood's making money off of them. Wait, did I just contradict the point I was making about myth making the world go around? It's time for summer break :)