Welfare fraud

Dianna

He was actually selling the lobster for money and that is what is illegal. Most people on food stamps can not afford to buy those things, if they did they would starve many days out of the year.

magickz

I hate any type of fraud but this one really gets me. Too many people are on it and being lazy, not working or not even trying to get a job. The only thing worse is when there are openings for work in the area and they refuse it because "they are worth more". Sorry but if I am jobless, I will take any job before I take the lazy and fraudulent route.

Myrddin

I hate any type of fraud but this one really gets me. Too many people are on it and being lazy, not working or not even trying to get a job. The only thing worse is when there are openings for work in the area and they refuse it because "they are worth more". Sorry but if I am jobless, I will take any job before I take the lazy and fraudulent route.
Good for you. That's the way it should be.

Goddess2u

Oh wow! I have known people who have bought steak or lobster when it was reduced with foodstamps. I agree that buying it and selling it for cash was the illegal part but don't most families that get assistance have children? That is awful to take away from his children's food sources for whatever the reason.

Chablis

I hate the way that people assume everyone on food stamps is lazy because of a few bad apples. A very small percentage of people who are on them are actually abusing the system. Magickz sometimes people turn down those jobs because if they take them they won't be eligible for benefits or will have reduced benefits because of the salary and yet the salary would be less than the amount of the assistance they are barely scraping by on.

Lorey

Or how about the report they did on how many people are using their welfare cards in the liquor stores. I don't think this should even be allowed!

magickz

I fully understand why the system was put in place but as with most things, someone will always find a work around for it and a way to abuse it. I think if you are on it, you need to work - and I do not care what job, just work. If my tax dollars are giving you free this and reduced that, earn your keep!