We put our christmas tree up...

Isabelle

Yes, I know it's not even Halloween yet, but my 2 1/2 yr old is seriously into Christmas this year and who can blame her they have had the trees and decorations at Walmart up for a month now. We didn't set our real tree up "yet", but we did get a little fiber optic tree down and put that out for her. She LOVES it! :)

jerri

You know she's going to want it up all year now, right? There's no harm in that especially since there aren't any needles to clean up. Maybe you could 'decorate' it each month with different things representing whatever season it is.

Nadai

My sister bought her daughter a little Christmas tree last year that is small enough to sit on her dresser. It came with lights alread attatched to it. My sister bought it for Christmas, but my niece loved it so much that she uses it now as a nightlight every night, no matter the season.

Isabelle

My mom is actually planning to get her a little 3 or 4 foot tree for her room, and we are just going to leave it up. She loves making things anyway so we will make decorations for different seasons. :)

greekgoddess31

Wow, it is a little early for a tree, but it is also great to see kids so into the spirit of the season. If it is just a little one, I don;t see the harm in letting her keep it all year long.

Enertia

I like the idea of having a Christmas tree, year round. For spring, you could have flower and bird ornaments. Summer could be sun and beach ornaments, and for fall you can have leaves, and Halloween ornaments. There is just so much you can do, with a year round tree, especially if you are crafty!

Myrddin

I like the idea of having a Christmas tree, year round. For spring, you could have flower and bird ornaments. Summer could be sun and beach ornaments, and for fall you can have leaves, and Halloween ornaments. There is just so much you can do, with a year round tree, especially if you are crafty!
Crafty like a FOX?!!?

magickz

I am sure we will be doing the same soon enough, this year we are going all out. We have decided we are not buying each other gifts (the adults) but the kids are good to go. Also the house will be done up, the yard, the tree and a few rooms in house too. I have my work cut out for me!!

Nadai

I am sure we will be doing the same soon enough, this year we are going all out. We have decided we are not buying each other gifts (the adults) but the kids are good to go. Also the house will be done up, the yard, the tree and a few rooms in house too. I have my work cut out for me!!
Sounds like a lot of work for after-Christmas clean-up. That is my least favorite part of the Christmas holiday, seeing all the decorations go byebye:(

Isabelle

I am trying to convince my hubby to put the big tree up but so far no luck. If I hadn't had surgery recently with a restrictive five pound lifting weight limit I'd have gotten it myself by now. His sister will be here helping us out tomorrow though...;)

Nadai

I am trying to convince my hubby to put the big tree up but so far no luck. If I hadn't had surgery recently with a restrictive five pound lifting weight limit I'd have gotten it myself by now. His sister will be here helping us out tomorrow though...;)
Hope you heal quickly enough to take part in the celebratory decorations!

Isabelle

We decided to do a little cleaning first so my sis in law is going to help me put the tree up tommorow, and then when my hubby gets home we will decorate it as a family. I can't wait! I won't actually be released from the doctor as healthy and able to lift anything over 5 lbs until 2 weeks before Christmas. Guess I will be doing a lot of online shopping this year! ;)

magickz

We are actually going to check some shops this weekend to see if we can find any good deals, if not we might get a real one. Even though we have cats and that will be a fun cleanup, its worth it to get that piney smell.

RLynn

I like to do real trees. I can get cedars from the woods on my property. They make the house smell so good! Just have to watch out for disasters like what happened in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (my favorite seasonal movie) :D.

Myrddin

I like to do real trees. I can get cedars from the woods on my property. They make the house smell so good! Just have to watch out for disasters like what happened in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (my favorite seasonal movie) :D.
Would you be referring to the scene in which Griswald accidentally smashes his neighbours' window when falling the tree, or the scene with the "SQUIRREL!!"?

Nadai

Would you be referring to the scene in which Griswald accidentally smashes his neighbours' window when falling the tree, or the scene with the "SQUIRREL!!"?
" you couldn't hear a dump truck driving through a nitrogliceran plant"

Myrddin

" you couldn't hear a dump truck driving through a nitrogliceran plant"
"Anything I can do for Cousin Ed? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?" -- "I'm doin' just fine, Clark."

Isabelle

My favorite Christmas movie EVER! Finally got the tree up today and we will decorate it with the kids this weekend. Hubby and I are about to put Christmas Vacation in now and look at the pretty lights on the tree. :)