Wassailing

magickz

Has anyone heard about this before? I read something about this earlier this morning that talked about both coming into what most know now as Christmas carols, but the same site also referenced it as a drinking game to start with.

WinterWitch

I have heard of it, but not as a drinking game. I know of it from the song "Here We Come a Wassailing." I've also had wassail as a drink as Christmas parties.

Oak Leaves

I received a package of Wassail Splice Blend mix for Christmas. This one was especially packaged and sold at the Biltmore House in Asheville, NC. The directions say to mix one bottle of red wine with four cups of water in a large saucepan. Add one cup of the mix and simmer until all the spices have dissolved. You can add sliced apples. If you want a non-alcoholic drink, mix with apple cider instead of the wine. Serve hot. Ingredients include sugar, dextrose, cinnamon, clove, orange, lemon, annatto, nutmeg and caramel coloring. I wish they'd put some of the English tradition on the packaging.

Myrddin

I received a package of Wassail Splice Blend mix for Christmas. This one was especially packaged and sold at the Biltmore House in Asheville, NC. The directions say to mix one bottle of red wine with four cups of water in a large saucepan. Add one cup of the mix and simmer until all the spices have dissolved. You can add sliced apples. If you want a non-alcoholic drink, mix with apple cider instead of the wine. Serve hot. Ingredients include sugar, dextrose, cinnamon, clove, orange, lemon, annatto, nutmeg and caramel coloring. I wish they'd put some of the English tradition on the packaging.
Sounds good!