Vampires

Slashmire

Nope, I'll join the "whaaa?" club too. Never read much about Lilith or any stories like that, nor the whole Adam story from above.

Melos

Lilith - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lilith is rumored to be the first wife of Adam (ya know the biblical first man), but there is not much support for that theory. The story goes that they were both made from the earth, she refused to be subservient to him and she left Eden. Adam tried to get God to bring her back, but God cursed her somehow, saying she had to kill her children for some reason.

LyricB

Thanks Melos. Somebody put up a new thread about Lillith too so now I know a little more. Isn't wikipedia cool? :)

Slashmire

Wikipedia is quite the good site; although you have to take everything with a grain of salt, there is so much information that one could spend days on it without getting bored :)

LyricB

I agree about wikipedia. I have found all sorts of great and obscure info on that site, and to tell you the truth if someone hadn't explained Lillith to me that's probably where I would have went.

TinyStar

There's a very good fiction book on the Cult of Lilith in the White Wolf games called 'Revelations of the Dark Mother'. I don't play many White Wolf games but I just love their lore and stories.

Laurel Tavington

I beleve that Bram Stoker did much to romanticise the vampires with Dracula. Much of this romanticism stems from the sexualy represses society in Victorian Europe. Before that most vamires were evil creturs stright from hell. I have heard many diffrent claims for the origan, China being one of them. As far as if they are reall; I don't think the imortal kind are. However, just this past Halloween I saw a vampire specal on the History Channel, which acknowloges the vampiric subculture in today's America. These vampires do not drink blood, because od the health risks involved, and they are by no meins imortal. I'm sure other Cuntries also have vampire subcultuers too.

Herrresjonny

Lord of the Maelstrom
Vlad the impaler

Bram stokers vampire came from Vlad the Impaler. He was the ruler of Wallachia (southern Romania) and was renowned as an honest yet exceedingly cruel leader. His hobby was impaling lots of people, with large ash stakes through the anus and out the mouth. Thats where the myth of the wooden stake killing the vampire came from. The list of tortures he is alleged to have employed is extensive: nails in heads, cutting off of limbs, blinding, strangulation, burning, cutting off of noses and ears, mutilation of sexual organs (especially in the case of women), scalping, skinning, exposure to the elements or to animals, and boiling alive. OUCH. Even when he was unseated from his throne and held in captivity for four years, he still was alledged to have lured birds to his window and mutilated them.

Oziris

Hmmm well vampires go at night and suck blood :eek: but when they travel they transform into a litle flying thing :p i dont know much about them and not very interested becous they are crazy with blood.