"to the fairest..."

if you are Paris, to whom will you award the golden apple with the words "for the fairest"?

• Total voters

Libros

Ultimate power, ultimate victory, ultimate beauty. All wonderful things that can quickly become addictions and corruption. There's a reason Eris tossed it, to establish chaos in a world of order.

I found it disappointing that Athena, one of the wisest of the gods, would be so compelled by a petty fight over being chosen the fairest woman.

But if I had to choose, I'd give it Hera. World power given freely without requiring victory in battle, and I'd settle for someone who wasn't the most beautiful if they had intelligence to boot. Paris selfishly followed his...ahem, lower instincts.

Libros

All three at once could punish you anyway for refusing to judge. These are the Greek gods, a fickle lot. It's one thing to disagree with two of them, it's another to piss all three off.

andthatisthefame

I would have fake fainted then feigned amnesia, anything to get out of answering without seeming like I was trying not to answer. No matter how the question was answered the outcome wouldn't have been nice.

Caelus

I would have given the apple to Hestia, citing her lack of involvement as the reason. Jealousy after all is an ugly sight. Plus I'm pretty sure she could kick Aphrodite's ass. Probably not Athena's though and definitely not her mothers. But it'd be worth it to watch Venus get slapped around. I'm not a fan of her because of how she treats her husband.

Nadai

I'd choose Hera; she seems to me to be the most vidictive so I'd be sure to side with her in all things. Aphrodite might be mad at me, but the worst she usually does is sick Eros on someone so worse case scenerio I'd fall in love with a tree or something. I'd hope that Athena would be able to appreciate the fact that I'd made a wise decision by choosing the queen of the gods.

LegendofJoe

I would try to play the diplomat and convince them that they are all beautiful in their own way.
But that probably wouldn't work with them.

Myrddin

It's a no-win situation. Might as well be truthful and choose Aphrodite.
Be truthful?!? The truth would be that the apple is to go the fairest which, based on the attitude of the three goddesses, would be neither of those three.;) May be it should go to Hestia... or Persephone... No way would I want to be truthful.

Based on google images, Aphrodite or Hera would be quite deserving ... hard to say which. They are all goddesses though, the most beautiful people in the world. It really would be hard to pick.

Myrddin

I guess you could always just pull a Zeus... "I know someone even better suited to make such a decision! He's a great judge of beautiful women, go to him!"
Good idea. Wish I had thought of that. I like the phrase "Pull a Zeus". If you don't mind, Id' like to put that in my repetoire.

OracleLady

This is one of those ageless questions for which there is no answer. The question will always remain. I wonder what questions are the equivalent during our time? Who is your favorite child? I believe parents do have favorite children, but they can't exactly say so.

Myrddin

This is one of those ageless questions for which there is no answer. The question will always remain. I wonder what questions are the equivalent during our time? Who is your favorite child? I believe parents do have favorite children, but they can't exactly say so.
Well, with my own parents, all I can say for sure is I know it's not me. My thoughts and opinions are always the last to be considered when it's between me and at least one my siblings.