Titan Punishments?

Titan Punishments?

I can't remember them help please?
Kronos- For being.. er ... a bad dad- Chopped to peices by children
(Nice kids)
Atlas- For assisting Kronos in fighting the gods- Made to hold up the sky
(Uh heavy)
Prometheus- For giving fire to humans- Chained to rock and get insides eaten daily. (Tasty?)
Epimetheus-
Oceanus-
Iapetus-
Hyperion-
Rhea-

Boudica

I can't find what Rhea's punishment was but I like that she tricked Cronus and saved Zeus. Her symbol was the moon and also a swan, because it was a gentle animal. I love the moon!

Dianna

I do not remember what Rhea's punishment was either. Hyperion was the god of light who was punished by being thrown in to the pit of Tartarus.

Dianna

Epimetheus's punishment was pandora and her box its kinda twisted but....
It is really twisted. After all it was Epimetheus's brother Prometheus who actually stole fire from Zeus to give to man. Prometheus started all kinds of problems. Pandora is actually mankind's punishment for what Prometheus stole. She was given all these great traits and all poor Epimetheus did was fall in love with her. Of course maybe Prometheus and Epimetheus should have just planned better so when man was created there was still a gift to give.

Oceanus is a benign to mysterious entity; he didn't take sides in any war of succession. He still existed to the early Greeks as a huge river than encircled the known world. Later, he came to represent the more mysterious aspects of the unknown deep.
Iapetus was the father of Prometheus; it was the pit for him.
As for Rhea, I don't know. I imagine it wasn't any real punishment though, since she saved Zeus and Poseidon from their jackass dad. By the way, the reason Kronus was so viciously dealt with by his brood is that he gobbled up their former siblings trying to deter Gaia's prophecy concerning the Olympian succession from coming true, the jerk.

Nella

Iapetus was the one that held Uranus down when Cronus castrated him with the sickle. His punishment was to be cast into the Tartarean pit by Zeus at the end of the Titan War.

Yeah, most of the ancient Greek stories don't put many women on pedestals.
Also, on Rhea, everyone seems to have the same problems with her story in that once the Olympians rise to power, she dissolves. However, the Orphic tradition, the creation story according to Orpheus, places Rhea as Demeter, with her changing names once the reign of the Titans had ended. Zeus, still recognized as Rhea-now-Demeter's son, apparently can't keep it in the toga and rapes Demeter, producing Persephone, who is in turn raped by Zeus (sheesh!) producing Dionysus. The Orphic tradition depicts this lineage of lust and hysterics as fitting to its end result- Dionysus, the god of wine, and overseer of the orgy.
Interestingly enough, since the word Dionysus means "born twice" it applies literally to the classical story of his genesis whereby he was pulled from his murdered mother's womb and then sewn into Zeus's thigh as a makeshift womb until he could be born, and applies figuratively to the Orphic tradition in that a mass of frenetic sexual energy was actualized twice in the process of "making" Dionysus.

So it seems that Orpheus himself also wanted to know what the heck happened to Rhea after the Olympian war of succession; thus, he tried to make artistic sense of the mystery and began his own version of the creation myth. I bet Orpheus wished HE had a mythology forum.

Jonny Capps

Hey! Haha. Keep in mind that Prometheus was immortal so each time his liver was eaten out it would grow back. Each day he would have to live that same pain over and over.
Sounds like marriage to me. lol I'm just kidding around, though. Epimethius only really got stuck with Pandora and her accessory because Zeus was really mad at Prometheus.

Dianna

Haha, your too funny. I like the joke! Still I think it is Prometheus that caused all the trouble. He is the one who stole fire from Zeus.

Prometheus also tricked zeus, when humans used to sacrifiace the animals to the gods, zeus would get first dibs and prometheus had the humans take the fur and the bones and pile it on to a plate, and pile the fat and the meat on a seconed plate and had zeus pick which one he liked! Well the bones and fur loked more promising because being zeus; he would choose what looks bigger and when he did he soon found out what had really happened and thats when we humans would sacrifiace the bones and fur to the gods!!!

Jonny Capps

Prometheus also tricked zeus, when humans used to sacrifiace the animals to the gods, zeus would get first dibs and prometheus had the humans take the fur and the bones and pile it on to a plate, and pile the fat and the meat on a seconed plate and had zeus pick which one he liked! Well the bones and fur loked more promising because being zeus; he would choose what looks bigger and when he did he soon found out what had really happened and thats when we humans would sacrifiace the bones and fur to the gods!!!
Thank you! I knew that there was another reason that Zeus was mad at Prometheus.

Karo

Well I don't think Prometheus did a bad thing because if it wasn't for him man wouldn't have fire.