Thor

Pegasus

With July4th rapidly approaching, bringing all the thunderous explosions, and lighting up the sky, thought it might be fun to speak about the God of thunder and lighting himself Thor. There are so many stories about him. What is your favorite? Haven't seen the movie, but do you think the movie does Thor justice, or it is Hollywood hype? Many things impressed me about Thor, but one of them is how he combines his strength with wisdom. I loved the story of how he tricked the dwarf Alvis and saved his daughter Thrud.

The movie is my favorite of all time, its not based on the mythology entirely, just the names and characterists, its more modern, but i still love it because of my love for Norse myths, which is odd but yeah. I'm not quite sure of my favorite myth either, because i like many which have him in. I like the myth where Thor travels to Utgard, and with loki and the two children, have to do challenges. Also, i like where Thor makes Aurvandil's toe into a star in the night sky and his wife, Groa's reaction. Too many myths to choose.

LegendofJoe

I also enjoyed the movie Thor, even if it was not really based much on the mythical Thor.
I really enjoy the myth of Thor and Hymir.
Hymir was a giant that had a huge cauldron that Thor wanted to borrow.
But before taking it, they went fishing. Thor wanted an unusual catch: the midgard serpent himself!
So he used an ox head as bait and up came Jormungand!
The giant was terrified, so he cut the line and Jormungand sunk beneath the waves; much to Thor's chagrin.
Thor might have finished off the midgard serpent, but he now had to wait until Ragnarok before having another chance.

Lorey

Well, Thor decided to take over the show here where I live. The storms were so bad that many shows were cancelled. Some of them still went on, though, and Thor shared the spotlight with them.

Alexia

If you are interested in Norse mythology, then help VuduPins Productions make a film based off of the Norse myths of Baldur's deaths. The film is called "Baldur's Dreams" and is centered around Odin, Frigg, Baldur, and Loki. Before we can begin filming, we need to raise funds. Please help us and go to this site and donate money. Spread the word and help this film get made. Every penny counts. Thanks!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vudupins/baldurs-dreams-a-norse-myth-short-film

Alexia

If you are interested in Norse mythology, then help VuduPins Productions make a film based off of the Norse myths of Baldur's death. The film is called "Baldur's Dreams" and is centered around Odin, Frigg, Baldur, and Loki. Before we can begin filming, we need to raise funds. Please help us and go to this site and donate money. Spread the word and help this film get made. Every penny counts. Thanks!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vudupins/baldurs-dreams-a-norse-myth-short-film