The telchines

Caelus

I've been researching them for a few days now and I have to say they seem like a fascinating if rarely described offshoot of the Chaos family. Born from Thalassa and Pontus (the most logical sourcing I've come across) these metallergical gods were master crafters and artisans, controlled the weather and had a vast understanding of chemistry. They came from a land that rose from the sea and left it because they knew it would return beneath the waves. They were jealous folk and sought to destroy all life and so were banished to Tartarus.

As I build up my research for the Techine family tree branch, I'd appreciate anyone who can offer me names and/or family connections (with appropriate sourcing) within the subgroup before I present the table.

I have no problem doing this solo, I just thought it might interest a few folks like me.

Caelus

I did, however my research has found quite a few names not listed there which is why I've opened the topic as it were. Given the number of potential sources out there, I am hoping some people will find data that might be overlooking in my own quest.

Olsen

I'm not very familiar with the Telchines, but I find the subject interesting. I wonder how they could be skilled metal workers if they had flippers instead of hands and lived on an island. It says on Wikipedia that they made a trident for Poseidon and a sickle for Cronus. Where did they get the metal from? From the ocean?

Caelus

well ocean floors from my understanding are supposed to be a rich source for metal, because many metals are a certain depth and the oceans can drop close to those depths. Then again, they were gods so they could probably do godly things.

Myrddin

Here is another list of names I found:
http://www.mlahanas.de/Greeks/Mythology/Telchines.html

Also, after some searching, I found these books:
Myth, Ritual and Metallurgy in Ancient Greece and Recent Africaby Sandra Blakely. The last chapter seems to be devoted to the Telchines ("Pindar's Telchines"), so maybe it would be of some use. The Poems of Callimachus translated by Frank Nisetich mentions them; you'll have to use the index to find them though; and the same with Forms of Astonishment: Greek Myths of Metamorphosis by Richard Buxton -- just mentionings. Hope this helps.