The Loch Ness Monster

palefrost

Ive always thought this was a complete hoax. Its way to easy to manipulate a picture. I dont think its a bad thing though to believe in because the area is so beautiful and anything that would give them some tourism dollars is worth it IMO.

Melos

I think its good for the tourist trade. The Loch Ness monster is one I just can't believe in. How has a plesiasor (sp?) survived for millenium in a cold lake? There must be a breeding population for that to work, and they'd be a lot easier to spot if that were true.

LyricB

I don't see how in this day and age there wouldn't be solid documentation of such a being. Am I off-base here?

Melos

Well, you get the same old thing about how Loch Ness has hidden caves and a convoluted bottom and all that. Really, though, with all the expeditions that have gone there, you'd think they would get something.

Slashmire

Well with our technology now, a simple sonar or heat-detection would prove or disprove a big "mass" living in that body of water :\

LyricB

So have they actually done any sonar research? And how many expeditions have been sent to check things out?

harleysneak

I don't think I can believe in the Loch Ness Monster. It is a great legend. But for something so big, staying in one body of water we for sure would have solid proof by now.

vicki2

I used to live not far from Loch Ness, and I think it's just a legend which snowballed into a huge tourist thing, and they're not giving it up lol.

Apparently, there have been inconclusive sonar tests ..but they wouldn't want them to be conclusive now, would they????

Melos

Like vicki said, there are numerous sonar tests and results - some of them questionable, but ultimately explainable in other ways.

If Nessie is reptilian or a dinosaur, she/it is probably cold-blooded and won't show up on heat sensors.

jason

empty
I think tales of him started around 1930's although didn't gain popularity until around 1960. He has grown to be as popular as Bigfoot and Abominable snowman.

As far as if it is real or not. It seems unlikely. But so did a lot of other creatures that have been found that were thought to be extinct.

fiannawolf

danrak;302 said:
I think tales of him started around 1930's although didn't gain popularity until around 1960. He has grown to be as popular as Bigfoot and Abominable snowman.

As far as if it is real or not. It seems unlikely. But so did a lot of other creatures that have been found that were thought to be extinct.

not exactly, there are ealier tales of a saint rebuking the monster when it attacked a swimmer. Och Poor ol Nessie....folks should leave her alone and just go looking for the wild haggis ;)

Oziris

I think that Loch Ness Monster lived in the ages of the dragons!The Loch Nesses dident died becous they were underwater.They were more safe so only the mother and the baby were seen the last time.