The Holy Grail

jason

empty
The Holy Grail

Lately this has gained popularity with the book and later the move Th Da Vinci Code. Do you believe it ever existed, or was it a legend made up along with the stories of King Arthur? Was it a real cup, or a blood line like others have proposed.

palefrost

No i dont believe in the holy grail. I think its thought provoking and an interesting read but none of the evidence is truly compelling to me. I should point out that im a big sceptic of the bible though so that might influence my opinion. :)

LyricB

I don't know enough about it to form any sort of solid opinion. I would love to hear from some people who do believe it it though.

Melos

Does the bible mention the holy grail? I didn't think so.
I am another on the "don't believe" side of things. It is a very interesting tale though.

vicki2

I think there's some truth to it which has long lost its truthfulness. That said, I do believe there are spin offs within the Church, like Opus Dei, which are a bit strange.

aprilcanadian

well if you belive jesus had a last supper...and that he drank wine at that last supper ....then the holy grail could indeed exist in the form of his chalice as some legends have it almost certianly it does.

the other thing is if you belive jesus could have been married *and a respectable man at his time would be expected to marry* then he certianly could have a bloodline and that bloodline would want to stay protected after his wife saw how he was snuffed out.

vicki2

Those are valid points. I'm not certain whether I believe in some of the recent 'findings' or whether I believe at all, but they're interesting!

fiannawolf

danrak;503 said:
Lately this has gained popularity with the book and later the move Th Da Vinci Code. Do you believe it ever existed, or was it a legend made up along with the stories of King Arthur? Was it a real cup, or a blood line like others have proposed.
I believe the holy grail to be made along with the King Arthur legends. Also it bears some great similarity to a cauldron the Tuatha De Dannan brought to Ireland with them.......of course excalibur shares a similarity to a sword the brought with them too....hhhmmmm

Durzan

Who knows of such things. I wish it was clear imagine a cup of life. A sword that can never be broken and a scabbard that protects the user from all danger. These are things worthy of quests but would they be possible. The question is more do the higher dieties exist able to forge weapons for the mortals.

I think the Arthurian view of the Grail is similar to mine. The Grail is hope, pure and simple. Only in stories about hope is the Grail a physical thing to be found. Questing for it is far more important that finding it.

DLegend

Sometimes people tend to focus on the material things rather than on the person who used it. There are lots of documentaries about the holy grail but it is just a cup which use Jesus to drink wine. How about finding all the cups that Jesus use to drink with? I say the cup is real but it doesn't give any supernatural powers.

Me, i belive it to be what ever the mass media says it is.....you see it can and would mean a lot of things....a bloodline, a cup, a body etc etc etc....... so people are going to sit all blind to the truth and belive what they see on tv......this is my personal openion so belive what u like...and have fun doing it!!!!