The first human

Myrddin

I don't know if there is a myth story about the first human, but I was playing a game which talks about it, and it rang a bell of some familiarty. It's about the first human having survived for eons, and cannot be hurt easily. He can supposedly fall from great heights and walk away without a scratch.

Has anyone heard about this myth, or know if it exists? As I said, it sounds familiar to me, but I can't place it or recall its origins.

Frumpy

Now you got me thinking. It sounds so familiar, and I think it was a movie. Uh uh uh... I remember. It was the movie in which Will Smith is a super hero. Remember the mother of the family, she was the one that never got hurt and has been alive forever it seems. I am going to try and find out for sure. I will report what I find. :)

Myrddin

Is that maybe "Hancock"? I haven't seen that movie, but I read a description, and it sounds kind of like what you described.

I'm not sure if what I saw, or read, before was actually about the first human, but there was definitely something about a person having been around longer than anyone else with amazing healing powers.

LegendofJoe

Is that maybe "Hancock"? I haven't seen that movie, but I read a description, and it sounds kind of like what you described.

I'm not sure if what I saw, or read, before was actually about the first human, but there was definitely something about a person having been around longer than anyone else with amazing healing powers.
This sounds like an interesting myth.
I cannot think of any particular mythology with this particular origins story.
It reminds me of a strange movie I saw years ago.
It was called No Such Thing.
It is about an alcoholic monster that has been around since before humans.
He is rather inert, in that he is indestructable and immortal, although he can feel pain.
He is tired of life and is looking for a way to die. He is envious of humans because we can adapt, whereas he is always unchanging.
There are some Native American stories that tell how humans lost the chance to be immortal; although this is different than the hard-to-kill man that you are looking for.
One story tells how First Man and First Woman decided the fate of the first humans.
First Man wanted humans to die, then after four days, rise again and live forever.
First Woman said that man should remain dead. Since First Woman always has the last word, we stay dead.
When they then had a little girl, she sadly died while still very young.
First Woman wanted to reconsider her stance on staying dead, but First Man said she had the final say, and it had to remain that way.
I will keep my eyes open for the hard to kill first human story.

Myrddin

This sounds like an interesting myth.
I cannot think of any particular mythology with this particular origins story.
It reminds me of a strange movie I saw years ago.
It was called No Such Thing.
It is about an alcoholic monster that has been around since before humans.
He is rather inert, in that he is indestructable and immortal, although he can feel pain.
He is tired of life and is looking for a way to die. He is envious of humans because we can adapt, whereas he is always unchanging.
There are some Native American stories that tell how humans lost the chance to be immortal; although this is different than the hard-to-kill man that you are looking for.
One story tells how First Man and First Woman decided the fate of the first humans.
First Man wanted humans to die, then after four days, rise again and live forever.
First Woman said that man should remain dead. Since First Woman always has the last word, we stay dead.
When they then had a little girl, she sadly died while still very young.
First Woman wanted to reconsider her stance on staying dead, but First Man said she had the final say, and it had to remain that way.
I will keep my eyes open for the hard to kill first human story.
Thank you. It was from an online game called Being One, which told about him. It was something from the description of him in the game, though, which sounded familiar to me, but I can not for the life of me remember where I initially heard it. And I cannot seem to track it down.

Nadai

Now you got me thinking. It sounds so familiar, and I think it was a movie. Uh uh uh... I remember. It was the movie in which Will Smith is a super hero. Remember the mother of the family, she was the one that never got hurt and has been alive forever it seems. I am going to try and find out for sure. I will report what I find. :)
"Hancock" was the name of the movie. Will Smith and Charlize Theron were both immortal unless they came into close proximity with one another, then they lost their powers. They were supposedly the original Gods; there were others, but as they came together they lost their immortality and died. Smith and Theron were the last two and they chose to stay away from one another so that they could live forever. Smith is supposed to be the hero, but he's not a very good one; Charlize Theron chooses to hide her identity and so chooses the life of a house wife.

Myrddin

If I could ressurect this post, I am still looking for information on the topic. I am hardly much further than I was three years ago (maybe that means there'`s nothing there?) but am still very inteerested. :D :oops:

E. M.

Misa

Out of curiosity do you recall what game were you playing when you heard of this 'First Human' myth?

Myrddin

Out of curiosity do you recall what game were you playing when you heard of this 'First Human' myth?
It is called "Being One". I know it's kind of silly, different things being entirely made up all the time for works of fiction, but again it strikes a cord of familiarity with me somehow. And the whole idea of "The First Human" is kind of interesting. Anyways, I want to find out what I can since it is fascinating subject to me.

E. M.