The dresden files

jerri

I'm reading Ghost Story by Jim Butcher. It's part of his Dresdon Files series. DF was also a TV series for a short while. Has anyone read it? It's about a wizard and his adventures in the modern world.

Myrddin

I did not know it was a book. I have heard of the TV series though, but have not seen it.

WinterWitch

Is that the first book in the series? I have read two or three of the Dresden File books, but read them out of order. It made it all rather confusing, but I did like them. I loved the television show and hated that they cancelled it. I still watch the DVDs ever so often. The "What About Bob?" episode is a classic.

N

nvsr4u

Dresden books are great stories. I have read three book of Dresden, I like what he wrote. DVDs are also available.

jerri

Is that the first book in the series? I have read two or three of the Dresden File books, but read them out of order. It made it all rather confusing, but I did like them. I loved the television show and hated that they cancelled it. I still watch the DVDs ever so often. The "What About Bob?" episode is a classic.
It's the most recent of his books. I don't remember the series in terms of which episode is which and I probably missed a few so I'll have to keep my eyes open for the DVDs.

WinterWitch

It's the most recent of his books. I don't remember the series in terms of which episode is which and I probably missed a few so I'll have to keep my eyes open for the DVDs.
I checked the order of the books on Jim Butcher's site. Storm Front is the first book and you are apparently reading his latest one. Storm Front was out-of-stock when I started reading the series so I started with White Knight. I read Fool Moon next and then Storm Front. I kind of knew what was going on because I had watched the television series, but the girl he took under his wing just kind of seemed to come out of nowhere. I guess she was introduced in the fourth or fifth book? I need to go back and read them in order.

Yeah, Dresden is pretty cool. I love the story line and the premise. Jim Butcher is a cool dude. He has another series which I've never read but everyone I've talked to says it's great too.

jerri

. I kind of knew what was going on because I had watched the television series, but the girl he took under his wing just kind of seemed to come out of nowhere. I guess she was introduced in the fourth or fifth book? I need to go back and read them in order.
Molly is his apprentice, she's a staple once she shows up but I don't remember which book it was.
Owl-His other series is Codex Alera. I haven't gotten a chance to read any of them yet.