The dibbuk box

Katie

Has anyone read about the haunted Jewish Dibbuk Box? It's been passed on since World War II I think and they've said whoever owned it had gone through horrible experiences. And as per usual, Hollywood is making its own retelling of the story of the Dibbuk Box (it's going to be released this year). Have you read the story? Do you think it's true? I found it really creepy while reading about it.

Willowtree

I've never heard of it. But that's not unusual for me. I'll have to find a reference of it and read it. I have read a lot of legends but there are some (gasp!) that I've missed. Thanks for the head's up on this one.

Liz

I have never heard of it either. Seems like a long lost urban myth, but if a movie is going to be made out of it, maybe not that lost! What is the name of this movie?

Nadai

I've read the movie's title is Dibbuk Box. I hope the movie won't be as horrible as the Haunting in Connecticut or any other movie based on real life horror stories.

I recently saw the previews for the new movie Posession. I wonder if this is supposed to be based on the box. They don't exactly look the same , but it sounds like they could be the same legend.
I would love to see it, but I don't think I would make it; I got creeped out just from reading the accounts from the previous owners.

Myrddin

I recently saw the previews for the new movie Posession. I wonder if this is supposed to be based on the box. They don't exactly look the same , but it sounds like they could be the same legend.
I would love to see it, but I don't think I would make it; I got creeped out just from reading the accounts from the previous owners.
I just saw the trailer for Possesion, and now I happen upon this thread. Weird! It does look interesting.