The Chronicles of Narnia

jason

empty
The Chronicles of Narnia

I know it isn't exactly mythology, but I've heard it contains a lot of mythology creatures. Has anyone read it? Is it any good?

Slashmire

I've read all the books, and I loved them (maybe aside from one.) It's the kind of book that felt satisfying.

As for the movie, it may not be the best movie out there, but I loved it for the fact that it does make one child-like.

palefrost

I read them as a teen and i loved them all. The movie was a disappointment to how i viewed the children and the world. Although my daughter loves the movie never having read the book.

Slashmire

I understand, I saw the movie before seeing the book, so I never had time to imagine a different world either.

Harro

Read the books when I was a kid.
And seen the movie aswell.
Loved them both!!
Also got a part of the BBC series on DVD (but haven't seen all the episodes yet).

AcadianSidhe

I've read the whole series just about every year since I was 10, and I love every movie they have ever done. the whole series has a soft spot in my heart.

And yes, Lewis does borrow liberally from Classical mythology, and a bit of mideastern.

AcadianSidhe

frang;856 said:
That's a hilarious way to describe Christianity.:D

Well, the lines between Christianity and Eastern Mythology are fuzzy- you ought to know that :p

I was more referring to how he drags things out of 1001 Arabian Nights, and talks about djinni, and all that. Even in Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, the Beavers tell the Pevensies that Jadis is half djinn, half giantess, or somesuch. They also call her a daughter of Lilith- very specifically not a Daughter of Eve.

I love CoN