The brising necklace

Enertia

I remember hearing a little bit about the Brising necklace, in Norse mythology. From what I can recall, the story involved Freya and some dwarves. Does anyone know this story?

LegendofJoe

Off the top of my head, Freya went down one evening into the bowls of the earth where the dwarves lived.
Dwarves are great smiths and metallurgists, but they are horny and greedy little bastards.
Freya fell in love with a necklace made by a group of dwarves called the Brisings. She definitely wanted it but the dwarves demanded she sleep
with them; all FOUR of them. The dwarves were not into a fivesome: they each wanted to have her for one night.
So Freya (that slut), spent four nights engaging in little people sex.
Freya is the Aphrodite of Norse myth, and this story portrays her sexuality.

Myrddin

Off the top of my head, Freya went down one evening into the bowls of the earth where the dwarves lived.
Dwarves are great smiths and metallurgists, but they are horny and greedy little bastards.
Freya fell in love with a necklace made by a group of dwarves called the Brisings. She definitely wanted it but the dwarves demanded she sleep
with them; all FOUR of them. The dwarves were not into a fivesome: they each wanted to have her for one night.
So Freya (that slut), spent four nights engaging in little people sex.
Freya is the Aphrodite of Norse myth, and this story portrays her sexuality.
Interesting story; I like it. I did not know Freya was the Norse equivalent of Aphrodite. You learn something new every day, I guess.

LegendofJoe

Freya is a pretty cool figure. She is also associated with a branch of magic called seid. She taught the gods this magic when she
began to live among the Aesir. ( She originally was a member of the Vanir; fertility gods).
Examples of this type of magic is given in various sagas.
When Freya cries, her tears are of gold!

When Freya cries, her tears are of gold!
I really find it confusing, I mean some versions say that it was Frigg who cried tears of gold. Also sometimes Frigg and Freya are treated as one, or interchanged as well, though we know that Frigg is an Aesir and Freya is a Vanir.

Freya had a husband, right? :confused:

LegendofJoe

Freya's husband is called Od. It is perhaps another name for Odin, contributing further to the confusion of Freya and Frigga.