The black dahlia

One of the crimes that I have been most intrigued by is the murder of Elizabeth Short, "The Black Dahlia." Her body was found in a vacant lot in Los Angeles in 1947. Her body was found cut in half. To this day, nobody has been charged with the crime.

WinterWitch

I don't remember when I first heard about her, but her murder was quite sensational at the time. They made a movie about her a few years ago. It was just kind of a mish-mash of actual events and the writer's imagination. I don't recall it being very good.

I don't remember when I first heard about her, but her murder was quite sensational at the time. They made a movie about her a few years ago. It was just kind of a mish-mash of actual events and the writer's imagination. I don't recall it being very good.
No, the movie they made was not very good. It involved her death but all the other details were fictional. I would love it if they made a proper movie for her. They featured another fictional account of her death on American Horror Story a couple of weeks ago and I didn't like it either.

WinterWitch

No, the movie they made was not very good. It involved her death but all the other details were fictional. I would love it if they made a proper movie for her. They featured another fictional account of her death on American Horror Story a couple of weeks ago and I didn't like it either.
Do you like American Horror Story? I didn't catch it from the beginning so I haven't watched it. I have one friend who says it scares her and another friend who thinks the show is kind of hokey. How did they tie the Black Dahlia's death into the episode?

Do you like American Horror Story? I didn't catch it from the beginning so I haven't watched it. I have one friend who says it scares her and another friend who thinks the show is kind of hokey. How did they tie the Black Dahlia's death into the episode?
I watch the show because I'm curious but I don't particularly like it. I guess I think it's kind of terrible.

In the episode with Elizabeth Short they made it so that the doctor who lived and worked in the house (may have been a ghost at that point, I can't remember) was the one who cut her in half after a dentist appointment gone bad. Something like that, though I can't remember all the details. I have to agree with your friend who said it was hokey.