The 12 chores of hercules

Annoyingprat

I am doing a project on Hercules and I was wondering if anyone could give me some facts about him and the chores he had to do. :)

Rhonda Tharp

The 12 labors he had to complete represent the 12 zodiac signs, and that Hercules is forever "completing" them... in the heavens anyway. Hera made him go mad, and he killed his wife and children. Because of this crime, his uncle I think), Eurystheus set before him the 12 labors. (Nemean Lion, Hydra, Cernitian Hind, Erymanthian Boar, Augean Stables, Stymphalion birds, Cretan Bull, Mares of Diomedes, Hyppolite's belt, Cattle of Geryon, Apples of Hesperides and Cerberus.) The Augean stables is my favorite. Eurystheus told him to clean out the stables which had 100 of years of horse dung in it, but Hercules cleaned it out without touching the stables. Hercules rerouted a river through the stables and washed away all the dung. This made Eurystheus mad.

Chintai

What a great project to be undertaking. Is it for a course at school? Here's a link to the stories, although it represents the labors in a slightly different way than Rhonda did.

Gavin

One is where he cleaned the horses stable(ew)
Another would be finding a golden apple and he got atlas to get for him
Another would be killing the 7 headed beast
Another is many other beasts
Another killing a king by feeding him to his horses
im sorry i cant remember any more of the top of my head it embarssing

Gavin

The 12 labors he had to complete represent the 12 zodiac signs, and that Hercules is forever "completing" them... in the heavens anyway. Hera made him go mad, and he killed his wife and children. Because of this crime, his uncle I think), Eurystheus set before him the 12 labors. (Nemean Lion, Hydra, Cernitian Hind, Erymanthian Boar, Augean Stables, Stymphalion birds, Cretan Bull, Mares of Diomedes, Hyppolite's belt, Cattle of Geryon, Apples of Hesperides and Cerberus.) The Augean stables is my favorite. Eurystheus told him to clean out the stables which had 100 of years of horse dung in it, but Hercules cleaned it out without touching the stables. Hercules rerouted a river through the stables and washed away all the dung. This made Eurystheus mad.
it was his cousin half brother i think not his uncle