Templar mythology

greekgoddess31

Does anyone follow the stories surrounding the Templar and Free Mason treasure? I have been fascinated by these stories for a long time and I can't seem to get enough information. If you do follow these myths and legends what do you believe the treasure contains? Do you think it is a person or a plethora of jewels or is it just the knowledge that the had?

RLynn

I'm reading a novel called The Last Templar, which is set in modern times. Several characters are searching for the treasure, each for their own personal reasons. I'm fairly near the end. So far, their main conjecture has been that the treasure may contain proof that the story of Jesus is a myth having little or no connection with a real historical character.

Myrddin

I don't know if you'd be interested, but there is a series of books called The Templar Trilogy by Jack Whyte whose books, though fictional, are heavily researched. Also The Loch by Steve Alten, though it's central focus is on Loch Ness, has a side plot that focuses on the Templar knights. Though it doesn't realy talk about the treasure, it's still interesting. Just throwing it out there.

Skeptic sister

THE HIRAM KEY, by Knight and Lomas .... Christian historians do NOT like that book, and I can see why.

There's a sequel of sorts, THE SECOND MESSIAH, which argues for the Shroud of Turin to be one Jacques DeMolay (a branch of the Masonic lodge wears his name today) and not Christ....

Anyways, the link between the Templars and the Masons is really given a going over, and the HIRAM KEY is solely about the evolution of both groups and about the myths of wealth and knowledge transference.