Superhero summer

Myrddin

There are a few superhero movies scheduled to be released this summer: The Avengers, The Amazing Spiderman, and The Dark Knight Rises. I definitely plan on seeing these. Just wondering if anyone else is as excited as I am.

Nadai

I am excited about The Avengers and Dark Knight Rises, but I haven't seen the preview for Spiderman. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to boycott The Avengers for maybe the first day just because they so underplay the female Avengers. Black Widow is the only woman that they show in the movie! I'm not very happy, but I know it's going to be to good to hold a grudge.

Rhonda Tharp

I am torn on the Avengers... from what I have heard, Loki is the villain??? Someone confused the trickster archetype with the villain archetype, bleh.

Myrddin

Loki was the villain in Thor as well. I have always seen him as kind of villainous in the myths; certainly moreso than other darker deities throughout other of the world's mythologies, at least.

Nadai

It looks good, but I don't know if I would ever see it. I wish they would look at a new superhero instead of remaking the same ones over and over again. I was kind of over the Spiderman movies after the 3rd one. Now if they put Spider-Girl on film I'd be all over it. Even if they did something with the Justice League; I'd love to see DC Universe in theaters!

LegendofJoe

Loki is actually kind of evil in the original myths. He did go out of his way to have Baldur killed, after all.
Yes. Loki is in a rather funny place: he has trickster-like characteristics at first, but then crosses the line into evil with the
death of Balder and the crashing of the banquet of Aegir, when he insults the gods and kills an innocent server.

Myrddin

Exactly. Loki is one deity that I wouldn'r mind seeing as a villain in modern stories, as he is already perceived as such in the original myths. It's when a good, though maybe misunderstood, character, such as Hades, is put into the role of the villain that irks me; because that's really not who they are!:mad:

LegendofJoe

Just saw the Avengers. I expected it to be filled with copious amounts of action, and that was great.
I did not expect it to be so funny; there are some great scenes and lines that had the audience rolling with laughter.
I definitely recommend it.
I felt the film also made good use of all the heroes' special qualities.

RLynn

I'm kinda ho-hum about superhero movies. However, I might actually pay money to see a Shanna the She-Devil movie, provided they could find an actress with ample, ummm...., physical characteristics. :D

LegendofJoe

I'm kinda ho-hum about superhero movies. However, I might actually pay money to see a Shanna the She-Devil movie, provided they could find an actress with ample, ummm...., physical characteristics. :D
Shanna the She-Devil!?! Sounds awesome! I'm there.
Wasn't there already a Shanna movie made way back in the eighties? With Tanya Roberts, the woman who
was in Beastmaster.
Oh wait, I think that was Sheena! :rolleyes:

Myrddin

What about Emma Stone? She's pretty... ample.;)

Myrddin

Just saw The Avengers. Amazing!!!!! I could definitely tell it was a Joss Whedon film; the way the humour was mixed in with the action. I always like Iron Man, but I enjoyed Hawkeye too. They were my two favs.
Next on my list, The Amazing Spider-Man.