Stonhenge

Talaria

What does everyone think of this mysterious place? Has anyone been there? Do you think it is an ancient sundial, burial ground or that Merlin built it buy carrying the blue stones from Wales? How old is it really? I would love to here your thoughts!

Dragonsbreath

I love to think of the possibilities but I don't have any idea when it was made. I'm sure there is an interesting story or two hidden there but so far all we have are suppositions.

I was lucky enough to get to go there in 2004. there is such an energy that seems to radiate from everywhere there. it was one of the best feeling places i've ever been. I felt like it was where i was always meant to go.

Boudica

This is one of the places I want to visit that is on my "bucket list". I have heard the stories of the energy that people feel there. I think these places are where ancient druids did rituals myself.

DLegend

I've seen a documentary regarding the stone henge. Based on the researcher, the place was built for religious rituals. The legend has it that only the elite group of the community can enter the sacred ground. Violators will be shot to death by bow and arrows.

Sasquatch

I've heard it is built on the convergence of several ley lines that surround the place. It would be interesting to know if the energy that is felt is that energy. The Earth does have energy running through it in the shape of those lines and I like to think of them as veins or the Earth's blood vessels. The energy is felt by a lot of people but they don't realize what it is.

Nella

Research shows the first phase is from circa 3100 BC, the bluestones about 2600 and the sarsens a hundred or so years after that.However, there is a mysterious rise inside which had yielded mesolithic material, so there may have been something on the site some 8000 years ago.

Dianna

There is an old Tom Baker (I think) Dr. Who episode, and on it they have a story line about how aliens use stone circles like Stonehing. One of the stones is even alive and eats blood, which is why they make the offering. Hehe, I think that is a pretty neat explanation.

Talaria

Research shows the first phase is from circa 3100 BC, the bluestones about 2600 and the sarsens a hundred or so years after that.However, there is a mysterious rise inside which had yielded mesolithic material, so there may have been something on the site some 8000 years ago.
I heard Merlin brought the Blue Stones from Wales. I wonder what could have been there 8,000 years ago. I like the Ley Line theory too. I really do think that those exist.

Nella

I often wonder that also Talaria. Stone henge has always interested me. I also like the Ley Line theory and have heard the aliens stone circles story Dianna is talking about. I like the Merlin story best.

Sasquatch

I would love to go to see them. I've heard they used a type of ball bearing in wooden trench to move them into place. I'd love to know if this was correct. Either way, they did a great job of building this wonderful place.

Goddess2u

I am among those that have a dream of going to Stone Henge. I would absolutely walk over the land and feel the energy that vibrates there. I imagine it to be one of the most beautiful places in the world.

Chintai

I would like to go to Stonehenge but these days I am not sure how close you can actually get to the main area. It would be a pity to travel there and then be barred from fully communing with the mystical forces around the stones.

Isis

I was there a couple years ago and yes, they rope it off, which is a bummer. I hear that they allow you to walk among the stones during one of the solstices though.

indianaj

Never been myself, but out off all the explanations the one that makes the most sense is that was built for some ritual. Huge monuments were usually a way of pleasing the gods. As far as the mystical energies go, well it's as mystical as any big slab of rock I guess.

Camma

I have been there a few times over the last 20 years and it is a fascinating place. I don't get any spiritual or mystical feelings from such places - but I do feel a sense of awe for civilizations in the past that felt a need for such edifices and built them without the use of modern technology and mechanical power.

Isis

Camma, that is the way I feel too--that, and a sense of wonder I feel whenever I see an object that people have used/viewed for such a long passage of time. It's a way to connect with people from the past.

RLynn

Whatever it represents, I would very much like to see Stonehenge.

Glastonbury is in a neighboring county, which I would also like to visit because of its legendary association with the Grail. (Too bad it has been taken over by New Agers.)

Richard

Bona Dea

I've been a few times - and you definitely get a sense of something big surrounding it.

Time Team (a UK archeological program) did a special on Stonehenge a few years ago - they looked at how it was built, why it was positioned where it is and what it was used for.

It really was fascinating - and done without breaking any of the intrigue and magic of the place.