Spontaneous human combustion

Allie-Gator

Has anyone ever done much research on spontaneous human combustion? It's a phenomenon which has puzzled scientist and doctors since it has been noticed. People will go to check on these people and there is nothing remaining but the charred remains of a limb or maybe nothing but a pile of ash. There has been no explanation of these events and they cannot determine what would even be a possibility since it takes temperatures of above 500 degrees F to burn a body. Weird.

i can't remember but i know there's a writer/author who wrote a novel about a girl which has the said capability, just can't remember the name of the author and the title of the book :p

MysticSunshine

Yes it is weird. I've heard of it before and seems there was a show one time a good while back that was about this. Seems very strange indeed. If you can remember the title or author of the book Eirine I would be interested in checking it out.

Myrddin

Has anyone ever done much research on spontaneous human combustion? It's a phenomenon which has puzzled scientist and doctors since it has been noticed. People will go to check on these people and there is nothing remaining but the charred remains of a limb or maybe nothing but a pile of ash. There has been no explanation of these events and they cannot determine what would even be a possibility since it takes temperatures of above 500 degrees F to burn a body. Weird.
What's that in celsius? Eirine, would that might be Firestarter by Stephen King?

Allie-Gator

It would be above 260 degrees celsius. That's pretty hot, temperature wise. I don't think I would ever, ever want to see that. I don't think I could or would work in a crematorium. Ugh!

Arachne

I recall reading about a girl who's clothing would occasionally burst into flames, leaving her standing naked in public places, embarassed but otherwise unharmed.

Dianna

I saw an episode of Eureka that was about a guy who spontaneously combusts. Now they had a really wicked explanation for it. Anyone else see that one?