Spirits and ghosts

DLegend

I guess this is the longest myth ever told to human race. This is a subjective topic as there are people who believe such things are true and those that are not.

I remember when I was little that my aunt would scare me with ghosts so I would behave.

Quentin Woolery

I really have to seriously wonder if there isn't something out there that we can only occasionally see or hear. I've been in some situations that seemed too real to be someone faking things. I need more thought on this one.

Rhonda Tharp

I lived in a house where 3 people dies, all were natural causes. That house was 50 years old, and I lived there between the ages of 0-7. I always heard creaks on the stairs, and I hated going into the fruit cellar for tornadoes, I was terrified of staying in that place. My mom claims to have seen a spirit of the previous owner. She claims the spirit guided her down the stairs, and led her around the living and dining room. She woke up on the floor next to the television, and we moved shortly after that incident.

RLynn

I was around 30 years old when I saw an apparition which looked exactly like my father, who was in the hospital, critically ill. It was very late, and I was half asleep watching TV in the living room. The apparition appeared in the hall adjoining the living room. I checked my watch, and it was between 12:00 and 1:00 a.m., but I didn't note the exact time. The next morning we were notified that my father had died between 12:00 and 1:00 a.m. I did not then believe in ghosts, and I still don't (except when I suspend disbelief watching ghost movies and such). I think it was a dream of sorts, a hypnogogic image which sometimes occurs between sleeping and waking. There may have been something paranormal about it, but I really don't think I saw a ghost or spirit of the dead.

Goddess2u

I believe in spirits and ghost since I have experienced them first hand. RLynn, I believe that your experience was your father wanting to see you one last time before he moved on. I also believe that some of our loved ones decide to be guardians and stay with us always.

RLynn

I believe in spirits and ghost since I have experienced them first hand. RLynn, I believe that your experience was your father wanting to see you one last time before he moved on. I also believe that some of our loved ones decide to be guardians and stay with us always.
You certainly could be correct. I'm a bit skeptical, but I'm open to the possibility.

greekgoddess31

I have had several supernatural experiences myself, the last being what I believe was my grandmothers spirit protecting me. I had a problem with my car as I was leaving her wake, I drove to my parents to drop off a few things and when I went to turn it off, I took out the keys and it still kept running. My dad had to manually disconnect the battery to get it to turn off. On my way to my house, I passed a horrific 5 car accident on the expressway that I would have been a part of had I passed through any earlier. I sincerely believe that she was keeping me safe.

Quentin Woolery

There are a lot of things that happen that cannot be explained. I've never actually had a supernatural encounter and I'm not sure I would want to.

DLegend

The thing with ghosts and spirits is that they usually appear when we least expect it. I don't know if the TV shows about ghost hunting is true or not but I guess ghosts won't appear to those who are looking for them. I think there is an explanation to this scientifically but we haven't discovered it yet.