Something i have been thinking over for awhile

ViktorH

Hello,

I was wondering if I could get some input on an idea that's been simmering in my head for quite some time.

I am thinking of starting a small business called "book quilts". The idea is to create bed quilts that have classic novels printed to cover the entire surface of the quilt. I first came across the idea after a classmate of mine started a company called Postertext - where a novels content is used to form an entire poster. Then I came across Spinlessbooks - more or less the same premise as Postertexts except that the entire novel is used each other - resulting in some rather large posters.

In the meanwhile, I purchased a cheap bed quilt here for the coming winter that happened to be covered in random letters of the alphabet. This got me to thinking - if an entire classic novel can fit on a larger poster, it maybe be possible to have it printed on bed quilts as well. I would just like to get some opinions on the idea. I have the feeling this adds to the bedtime reading atmosphere - literally wrapping yourself up in a favourite book of yours. Please let me know what you think.

I know there may be issues with printing that small (and legibly) on a quilt, as well as copywrite (I can only use pubilc domain books) but strictly speaking about the idea - what do you think?

I think it would be really cool to have a variety of Greek Myth versions.

Misa

Oh, that could be lovely, I don't know if you could get permission, but there are also pictures and painting which I'm sure would make lovely quilts - or simply a start to ideas, both Renaissance era portraits and ancient mosaics that could be inspiration. I can think of a great number of scenes - the apple race of Atalanta (her defeating centaurs? on the Argo?) - a very good idea.