Snopes

Chablis

Does anyone else enjoy using the snopes.com website to check out the origins of urban legends and to see if they are true or not? I think it's interesting to see where they all come from.

Pegasus

I love Snopes! It is a great tool to use. It is interesting to see how many times something gets started especially in an email, and it gets circulated and passed around as the truth. With the help of that website you can see and determine the facts from fiction.

Allie-Gator

Did you know the website was created and manned by a husband and wife team. They were the only people who were doing the research for the site at one time. I don't know if that's still the situation but it really gave me a different perspective about the stories on there.

DarkFolly

I used Snopes a lot when I was younger and I kept getting those stupid hoax emails from people. I haven't checked it in a while, though! I wonder what new stuff has popped up since the last time...

Lorey

I've never checked out the site, but I know that so many people will send around e-mails saying that the information that they are sending has been verified on snopes.com. I guess by them saying that makes you believe whatever they say.

Chablis

I didn't know that Allie-gator! I have used it several times to verify those emails you get saying you can get a free meal from Applebee's or Chili's or whatever because many times those turn out to be fake!

Did you know the website was created and manned by a husband and wife team. They were the only people who were doing the research for the site at one time. I don't know if that's still the situation but it really gave me a different perspective about the stories on there.
I love Snopes but I did not know that. It sounds like they were/are doing a ton of research! I have looked up quite a few hoax emails and passed along more accurate info because of Snopes. Plus it's a good site to read if you want to get creeped out by the true ones.

Toni

I friend of mine introduced me to snopes and it is indeed a reputable site. I do wish more folks would consult it before sending on those emails that "junk" up my inbox. Ha!