Slit woman-kuchisake ona

Anyone familiar with Kuchisake-Onna?

Back in Japan a terror surfaced about a woman wearing a gas mask roaming around the cities and asking children if she is beautiful. I think before you answer her question, she's gonna remove her mask to reveal a slit mouth from ear to ear, which looks like she had this wide smile (scary smile to be exact!)

When you answer "Yes, you are beautiful." she's gonna cut your mouth like hers so that you too will look beautiful like her. When you say "No, you're not" she'll cut you into half.

They say the best answer would be "You look average" which will leave her analyzing the answer and you'll have time to run for your life! LOL

Nora_Rose

That story us probably going to give me nightmares tonight! On another note Kuchisake-Onna might make a good Halloween costume this year! If you could replicate the slit properly with makeup and other items.

Myrddin

I was just saying that I like scary. I've been dabbling in writing horror stories for years.

Allie-Gator

Isn't there a movie based on this legend? I think I saw one advertised somewhere and I can't remember where. It would be a scary movie though. I don't think I would want to see this one. For some reason, although I love horror stories, this one is extremely disturbing.

Olsen

I've read some things about this legend that made me find it quite fascinating. There are various versions of the legend. In the most popular, she is wearing a surgical mask, which wouldn't draw too much attention because people in Japan generally wear these when having the flu or to protect themselves from germs during the flu season. The most interesting differences between the various versions of the legend are related to the answers that could save you from her. Telling her that she is average-looking is one idea. Another way is to ask her if you are pretty, she will get confused and leave :)D she doesn't seem too intelligent). In 2010, by telling her you have a previous engagement to attend to, she will pardon her manners and excuse herself from your presence.

I didn't see the movie adaptation. Is it good?