Sinbad the sailor

palefrost

Sinbad the sailor

I used to love the old Sinbad movies and have always enjoyed the tales. I know they tried to revive the stories a few years back but the whole middle east situation seems to have killed the comeback. Does anyone else remember the Sinbad movies and stories? Have you heard of anything new with them?

LyricB

That's one story that I was never really exposed to as a kid. As far as I knew, Sinbad was that comedian.

Melos

Disney (I think) made a Sinbad movie just a few years ago. It's all about some quest for the book of peace or something like that. I didn't know they had plans to release a series about him or anything.

palefrost

I thought they were working on a live action movie but canned it because of the middle east situation. Still its a great adventure story. They always combined mythical creatures in the tales.

Melos

:) I love those old movies. I have plans to show them to my kids soon.

It seems odd to me that they would can the movie because of the war in the Middle East.

palefrost

frang;593 said:

I saw the movies as a child, and loved all the monsters brought to life by Ray Harryhausen in fabulous DYNARAMA!

Later, as an adult, I read the actual stories from the One Thousand and One Nights. You can find a summary here, or, since the stories are in the public domain, check them out here.

HAHA yeah!! Thats it!! its so cool to see the images. I should see if i can get it on DVD im sure its available. The effects were really something to watch lol.

Melos

But why would it make people think badly of Iraqis. Sinbad was not a bad guy - he was a rather rougish hero.

Slashmire

I remember seeing the live series of Sinbad when I was young; it was showing up on a kid channel...and the women didn't have that much clothes on....wonder how it got on that channel in the first place.

palefrost

Im so surprised on some children's cartoons and the lack of cloths some of the characters have. Then we all wonder why little girls are walking around in hoochie cloths so young and why dirty old men are eyeing them! No one takes accountability.