Shows and scary dreams

Enertia

I love watching scary or weird shows. However, often I go to sleep and end up having a weird dream. Do you find this ever happening to you?

Myrddin

Just once something like that happened, but it was from reading a short story, "The Black Cat". I don't remember much of what happened in the dream, except for the black cat with only one eye traipsing around after me.

Toni

I cannot, will not watch scary shows. I have terrible nighmares that stay with me for days. If someone I'm with wants to watch a scary show, then I go to another room and read a book. It's not worth it.

Myrddin

I love scary movies/shows. And it always has to be in the dark, otherwise it just doesn't work for me. It's the adrenaline rush, I guess, that I like.

Nadai

Too much of a chicken to watch scary shows or movies-though I don't mind reading a good horror story:confused: I used to watch scary progams on television and for the longest time I wouldn't be able to sleep because I would fear that what happened in movies would happen to me.
Example: I watched Poltergiest when I was around 10 and for about a month I slept with a jump rope tied around my closet doors and all of my stuffed animals and dolls in a box! I even threw away my sisters' Barbies because they wouldn't put them away at night-even my sister's never-remove-from-box Barbies! They still make fun of me to this day, even though I was only a little girl!:(

Myrddin

Love horror novels/short stories too. Dean Koontz is definitely my fav, but Bentley Little is pretty amazing as well. John Saul is another good horror author. Have yet to get into Stephen King, though I do plan to read at least one of his at some point.

Nadai

Love horror novels/short stories too. Dean Koontz is definitely my fav, but Bentley Little is pretty amazing as well. John Saul is another good horror author. Have yet to get into Stephen King, though I do plan to read at least one of his at some point.
I had a thing for Stephen King movies for a while, though the few I saw didn't really seem scary to me... Rose Red was one that I saw most recently...I think it's the effects that make them not scary to me. I watch and just think, 'wow, this is fake'. But the newer movies with better effects look too real for comfort to me:(

Artemis

I don't watch horror movies because I tend to imagine those zombies and vampires and ghosts or whatever they are as real and existent in my vicinity, and they really scare me...

RLynn

I don't watch many horror movies, but they usually don't bother me much anyhow. I can't suspend disbelief enough for them to get to me. I'll admit, however, that Poltergeist gave me the creeps, and there was some movie about an axe murderer that made me paranoid for a few days (and nights).

greekgoddess31

It does happen to me, but I have started to watch something funny afterwards before trying to sleep and that tends to help. I do also try not to watch anything too crazy close to bedtime.

Myrddin

It does happen to me, but I have started to watch something funny afterwards before trying to sleep and that tends to help. I do also try not to watch anything too crazy close to bedtime.
I always find that to be the best time to watch a scary movie, if only because that is the only time I find it to be dark enough.

Myrddin

The first time I watched Halloween it gave me the creeps, and had some trouble getting to sleep. The Ring was the worst, though. I had to write a full page of lines before I could even go upstairs to go to bed. I still watch that one from time to time.

Nadai

The first time I watched Halloween it gave me the creeps, and had some trouble getting to sleep. The Ring was the worst, though. I had to write a full page of lines before I could even go upstairs to go to bed. I still watch that one from time to time.
I've never seen The Ring, but I've heard that when watching that movie you should have a spare pair of pants;)

Myrddin

I've never seen The Ring, but I've heard that when watching that movie you should have a spare pair of pants;)
If you like the horror genre, I really suggest you watch it. It is amazing. Right up there with Insidious.

Nadai

If you like the horror genre, I really suggest you watch it. It is amazing. Right up there with Insidious.
I don't mind the horror stories as long as their either so old they look fake or their bound and printed on paper. I'm assuming your icon is either from Insidious or The Ring... thanks for the nightmares by the way;)

Myrddin

I don't mind the horror stories as long as their either so old they look fake or their bound and printed on paper. I'm assuming your icon is either from Insidious or The Ring... thanks for the nightmares by the way;)
Yeppers! It came from the basement, I mean, The Ring.

LegendofJoe

Just once something like that happened, but it was from reading a short story, "The Black Cat". I don't remember much of what happened in the dream, except for the black cat with only one eye traipsing around after me.
Hee hee
A yes! Poe!
I actually have a black cat named Willow.
She is very jealous: she recently pissed all over my 1 year old computer a few weeks ago because she was
well...pissed at me for something. No one would fix a pissed soaked laptop, so I had to get a new one.
On another note, I recently slept with the TV on because I saw a documentary on the real events that
inspired the exorcist. I no longer believe in demons or possession, so I did not think it would scare.
But something about the dramatizations and the sound of the narrator, it just scared the s... out of me!
Maybe it is my Catholic upbringing that i can't shake.

Myrddin

No one would fix a pissed soaked laptop, so I had to get a new one.
Makes sense, I suppose.

On another note, I recently slept with the TV on because I saw a documentary on the real events that
inspired the exorcist. I no longer believe in demons or possession, so I did not think it would scare.
But something about the dramatizations and the sound of the narrator, it just scared the s... out of me!
Maybe it is my Catholic upbringing that i can't shake.
When and where was this documentary?!? I missed it. I LOVE that kind of thing. Supernatural, paranormal, cult, you name it. Anything in that area.

LegendofJoe

Makes sense, I suppose.

When and where was this documentary?!? I missed it. I LOVE that kind of thing. Supernatural, paranormal, cult, you name it. Anything in that area.
You know, I'm not sure.
I think it was either the History Channel or Biography.
It was followed by one of those shows with "paranormal" in the title.