Shopping mall stories

jerri

I'm sure some of you have heard the one about the girl who was in a shopping mall with her friends and a stranger came up, stuck her with a needle and helped her outside-never to be seen again. This was big back in the late '70s and early '80s.

Allie-Gator

I've heard a lot of takes on this particular story. I heard that a man had grabbed a child at one of our local theme parks, drugged the child and covered it up and carried it out of the park. Of course there are variations of this one too. The child had it's hair dyed, the child was knocked out, the child...well, you get the idea.

Allie-Gator, I've heard that story too but in the ones I've heard the child was disguised to look like their opposite gender - for example a young girl had her hair cut or something like that. I've also heard horror stories about children going into mall restrooms alone. Scary stuff.

greekgoddess31

I have heard stories similar to this too. I think there was probably some kernel of truth stuffed in there but it has been so diluted over time that it would be hard to figure out what the original story was.