Serial killers and prison escapees

Katie

I don't know how many creepy urban legends I've heard about serial killers and prison escapees. One is the Didn't Turn Off the Lights story, the other which I found extremely scary when I first heard it was that about the prison escapee who had a hook? The one where a couple drives off to a dark alley and they hear on the radio that there is an escaped prisoner who has a hook as his hand. The boyfriend got scared so he decided to drive them home, when they got home he was shocked to see a hook on the door of his car. Eeek...

Myrddin

That has got to be one of the scariest, creepiest stories I have heard. And I have read both The Tell-Tale Heart and The Black Cat -- two of the scairest stories ever!

I have actually written a story myself about a serial killer. In a house, unknown to a young girl who has been asked to take care of the place, while the resident is 'away'.

Frumpy

Wow Myrddin this sounds like a very interesting story. Did you publish it somewhere? Maybe you could copyrighted and make it available for people to read online.

Katie

The Tell-Tale Heart and The Black Cat -- two of the scairest stories ever!
Haha I'm hesitant to read those stories. I have a love-hate relationship with horror stories. I want to read but I get scared too much to sleep. Haha.

Oh!!!! Post your work! I would love to read it!

Myrddin

The Tell-Tale Heart and The Black Cat are two of my favourites. I read The Black Cat once before going to sleep -- and of course had a nightmare about a one-eyed black cat. They provide an excellent adrenaline rush, though, which is what I like about horror.

I have to admit that my serial killer story is not published anywhere, and is still in the throes of the creative process. Out of the readers who I have entrusted to carefully read it through, though, I have gotten some positive feedback. In time, I do hope to have it, and maybe others, published.