Satanic backmasking

Katie

What do you guys think about backmasking or playing songs backwards to get a message? Not just any kind of backmasking but the "satanic" kind where they say that musicians who are part of satanic cults would put those messages there to brainwash people through the subliminal message...

Ronnie

Ahhhh baloney! That's just a myth. If you listen to any type of speech backward, it sounds Satanic or weird. If that were the case, we wouldn't have DJs. LOL

blarneyrubble

I remember this being all the rage during the 80's so all these dreadful death metal bands started putting any old rubbish backward messages on their LPs just to get publicity.

Nadai

It's interesting that you mention this because I had never heard of it before yesterday. My father and I were spending the day together when he randomly brought up the subject, which I had never heard of. We spent the rest of the day watching and listening to videos. Stairway to Heaven is one that is said to be a message from the devil. I also watched a few Jay-Z and Rihanna videos. I don't listen to rap or R&B so I had no idea about them, but apparently they are occultists and a lot of their music is about deivl worship. It was spooky to watch and listen to their videos, I had to turn them off and play some Sara Bareilles to calm my nerves:rolleyes:

Libros

This comes from an old folk belief that the Devil does everything backwards, and that the prayers in a Black Mass are the Lord's Prayer recited backwards. It's just symbolic corruption of the holy.

So, to translate that into songs, naturally anything played backwards must have some eerie demonic undertone to interpret from it, if you believe that strongly in the Devil's influence.

Isis

Yes, it's silly.

Words and music played backwards sound weird because of the way we perceive them. When you say something, the volume tapers off at the end but our brain ignores that part. Then we play it backwards, our brain allows us to hear it, and it sounds odd.

eyehop91

To Nadai who posted above....I had to laugh when I read your comments. You talked about being spooked while listening to some old heavy metal so you put on some Sara Barilles - now that is weird. Have you ever listened to the song "King of Anything"? That song is directly evil....not indirect. Here are some of the lyrics...."Stare me down across the table" (the last supper,) "You've got opinions, man We're all entitled to 'em" (Jesus and his beliefs),I hate to break it to you babe But I'm not drowning There's no one here to save (she doesn't want Jesus to save her). Just listen to the entire song.....it is all a swipe at Jesus and his beliefs......a pure evil song. She is directly saying to Jesus "who died and made you king"

Nadai

To Nadai who posted above....I had to laugh when I read your comments. You talked about being spooked while listening to some old heavy metal so you put on some Sara Barilles - now that is weird. Have you ever listened to the song "King of Anything"? That song is directly evil....not indirect. Here are some of the lyrics...."Stare me down across the table" (the last supper,) "You've got opinions, man We're all entitled to 'em" (Jesus and his beliefs),I hate to break it to you babe But I'm not drowning There's no one here to save (she doesn't want Jesus to save her). Just listen to the entire song.....it is all a swipe at Jesus and his beliefs......a pure evil song. She is directly saying to Jesus "who died and made you king"
I'd never thought of it that way. That is one of my favorite songs by Sara Barellis too! It is interesting. Maybe a person can find something evil in any song or at least a lot of them. I suppose it all depends on a peson's interpritation, like most things.
I didn't listen to Stairway to heaven, but as I said there were comments about how playing it backwards is a message from the devil. The Rihanna and Jay-Z songs are blatant though in their messages. One of Jay-Zs songs is entitled "Murda Jesus". If that's not Satanic I don't know what is.

Enertia

I have heard of playing songs backwards to hear messages, but how do you even play a song backwards, if it is not a record? I think I have heard about a Beatles song, you can play backwards, but it was not devil related, it was just a hidden message.

I have heard of playing songs backwards to hear messages, but how do you even play a song backwards, if it is not a record? I think I have heard about a Beatles song, you can play backwards, but it was not devil related, it was just a hidden message.
I'm not sure if this is the method for finding backmasking, but it's relatively easy to play a song backwards. Simply rip the song (or convert an existing track) into an uncompressed format, such as WAV or FLAC, and import it into an application like Sound Recorder or Audacity; then you can reverse the audio.

Nadai

I'm not sure if this is the method for finding backmasking, but it's relatively easy to play a song backwards. Simply rip the song (or convert an existing track) into an uncompressed format, such as WAV or FLAC, and import it into an application like Sound Recorder or Audacity; then you can reverse the audio.
:rolleyes:Gee... you make it sound so simple;)

Insights

I never heard of backmasking either, until American Pickers happen to mention it on one of their shows, ha-ha! I don't believe in it, but it is eerie. Now... I have heard about running movies in slow motion or stopping them in certain scenes and getting demonic faces on the actors. I have no idea what this is called.

Myrddin

I never heard of backmasking either, until American Pickers happen to mention it on one of their shows, ha-ha! I don't believe in it, but it is eerie. Now... I have heard about running movies in slow motion or stopping them in certain scenes and getting demonic faces on the actors. I have no idea what this is called.
That sounds interesting. Never tried it myself.