Santa

LilOne1989

Santa

Did anyone wait up for Santa when they were a child? I used to every year. I would open up the curtains of my window and watch the sky. Or at least I did that until Santa started to show up on a chartered jet. My dad put repaired and installed radio's on small planes and every year "Santa" would come in on a plane for Christmas. It was a big todo, with the TV stations and radio stations and everyone else out there too and the kids of the employees got to be the first ones to see Santa for the year.

jason

empty
I was always told he wouldn't come if we were awake. Besides, the ealier I went to bed the ealier I would wake up. We were allowed to grab our stockings and bring them back to our room before our parents got up.

LyricB

One year my dad took us to go pull grass up and leave it in a big bag we decorated for Santa's reindeer. When we woke up the next morning my dad had made a grass trail from the front door to up on the roof. So of course we thought the reindeer had munched on the snacks we had provided...that was a great memory.

Slashmire

I think we were pretty smart kids, our parents told us that when we were young, we saw two Santas at two different places, and quickly made the connection.

Melos

I never waited up for Santa, though I did believe in him when I was young. I don't really remember a specific moment when I stopped believing in him - it was just a natural progression kinda thing.
My kids still believe - I think.

vicki2

My parents were very clever about it all, and in hindsight, they probably got into the game even more than I did. I had to leave out milk and cookies, which would be partially gone in the morning. My father would make noise on the roof during the night but I wasn't allowed up. They really created intense expectation on my part!

frogg93

Oh MY! My parents did everything from leaving footprints of the deer to eating the carrots, to even leaving notes in writing we couldn't recoginize, etc.

palefrost

What is the history of Santa? It started with Saint Nicholas correct? Then commericalizm set in and off we went? I love the old christmas ornaments lol. I have such a nice collection.

Starlily

One of my favorite stories of Santa is 'The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus' by L Frank Baum (he also wrote the Wonderful World of Oz). It was also a charming & sweet children's movie (animated) that you may still be able to track down at your local video store.

jak80

I used to sit up for Santa every year. I remember one year I stayed up as late as possible but still fell asleep on the couch watching the fireplace. My dad had set up a video camera that had caught Santa's boot coming down the chimmeny. My dad said that the tape ran out before Santa came down so that is why all we were able to see was his boot, but I still thought it was very cool at the time and it reinforced my belief in Santa.

Lillith

Santa

I used to leave out cookies and milk or hot chocolate for Santa when I was little. I can remember being absolutely crushed when I found out Santa was not "real." My children baked the cookies for Santa and also left out something warm to drink. Of course, my husband and I were the ones who actually digested these tasty treats. Right after we finished putting out all the Santa gifts. It is a really magickal time in a child's life, I feel.

Lillith

jpsn

I was also told that Santa wouldn't come if I was awake, so I would **TRY** to fall asleep as fast as possible (thinking every noise was Santa). My sister and I always had to leave Santa some milk and oreo cookies for the night (which my dad would always set up to make it look like Santa really was there).

My parent's were awesome at keeping this alive with us. No presents were under the tree until we fell asleep.. then I would wake up at 4 a.m. running through the house waking everyone up so we could all open up our presents. :D

lilyrose

I always tried to wait up for him but ended up falling asleep everytime. I would leave out milk, cookies, and sometimes a little thank you note. Yeah I think my parents got tired of eating milk and cookies. Santa requested cake one year:D

Melos

I suggested to my son last year that we leave some cookies and coffee for Santa - keep him awake on his long trip. And he looked at me with a withering glance and said "Don't you think Santa's fat enough?"

The kid is far too literal for my tastes... but I do think he still believes.

Slashmire

Heh, wow talk about breaking the charm of some regular cookies and milk :) That could probably earn you some prizes in those "kids say the darndest thing" competitions.